Which gets your blood flowing?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by BassWizard45, Jun 14, 2001.

1. 50's Rock

0 vote(s)
  2. 60's Rock

10 vote(s)
  3. 70's Rock

38 vote(s)
  4. 80's Rock

11 vote(s)
  5. 90's Rock

22 vote(s)
  6. Pop

0 vote(s)
  7. Funk

27 vote(s)
  8. Jazz

6 vote(s)
  9. Top-40

0 vote(s)
  10. Ska

8 vote(s)
  11. Punk

14 vote(s)
  12. Fusion

7 vote(s)
  13. Other, please specify

14 vote(s)
  1. BassWizard45

BassWizard45 Guest

Apr 1, 2001
    Rome, Georgia
    This isn't for any particular reason, I'd just like to know. I would personaly vote for 70's rock. I really like classic rock (Rush, Yes, Kansas, Blue Oyster Cult, The Who, Dixie Dregs, Atlanta Rythym Section).
  2. Well, it's kinda hard for me too choose, but I went for 80's rock. Metallica is my all time favorite bands, but I like others like Black Sabbath, Rush and Nirvana, who don't fall into that category.
  3. I went through a real Led Zeppelin phase.... and Pink Floyd, and Dire Straights.....
  4. I voted for 70's, because Zeppelin rules the world...
    Although I could have also voted for 60's, cos I and II came out in that era, plus the beatles and doors...

buth there's also doors (early 70's) and Floyd and Aerosmith....but most of all

ZEPPELIN RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  5. I voted for the 80's, because I like a lot from the 80's, and everyone's always picking on it. But it's hard to pick one, I listen to music from all of them, plus from way earlier.
  6. I like it all but because I had to make a choice I choose 70's

Well Rush was there, BOC, Black Sabbath, Alice Cooper, David Bowie, King Crimson, Thin Lizzy, Mahavishnu Orchestra, Stanley Clarke, Pink Floyd, Queen, ELP, JT, Mountian, Mott the Hoople, Procol Haram, B.S. & T, and the list just dosen't end.
  7. yawnsie

Apr 11, 2000
    The sixties. Just.
  8. sn0wblind

Apr 20, 2000
    Ontario, Canada
    I vote for all, Im not too much into jazz but I respect others who, music is wonderful ain't it!?!

My personall faves are 70's and metal, NOT GLAM rock!!!!!!!!!!!!
  9. My blood flows smoothly when i hear bands like ZeroMancer, SinBoy and Theatre of Tragedy..

but i love bands like Deftones, fear factory, mudvayne, skinlab, sevendust etc too..
  10. *cough* ahem what about metal? Or classical! :p

I'll put 70's cause my dad was heavily into it and it sorta rubbed off.

11. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification

As I've said before, it's all about the "dookie face".
  12. JimM

Jan 13, 2000
    Northern California
    I always thought that 60's bands,rather than go out of style,just got p##st at each other,or got too stoned,or died,or ran out of fresh ideas,or got too old and successful to want to stick with it etc.

I never knew they went out of style...

Guess that shows how out of style I am!
    I hate gettin' old.(I know,beats the alternative)
  13. Generally for me it's punk, but really it depends on the song. There are some 80's rock songs that are great, and some Ska tunes get my blood pumping. Even the Roxy Music version of Jealous Guy makes my hair stand on end.
  14. Late 60's, early 70's. The most innovative period in music history!
  15. I have to totally agree with Jroman on this. Early 70's founded upon the late sixties had everything. You had amazing bands like Pink Floyd, the who, Rolling Stones, Beatles, Zepplin. You also had amazing solo artists like Jimi hendrix, Joni mitchell, Jaco. And superb jazz artists were still around. There also was heavy foundation of funk. It was perfect all around. I deffinetley itwas the most amazing time period in musical history.
  16. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Pretty much, all of the above.
  17. I don't know man, I think T-Rex, Mott the Hoople, Sweet, and Bowie had some pretty great players.
  18. cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Funk, and 80's hard rock
  19. B-Note Cowboy

B-Note Cowboy Guest

Jun 13, 2001
    Tulsa, OK
    No catagory for Blues?

I dig blues, Swing country and rock from any era but the 80's glam crap.