1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Which gig bags will hold a LMII and 2 basses?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by AndrewClaycomb, Oct 3, 2008.

1. I'm looking for a gig bag that will hold both of my 4 string Jazz basses, a LMII, 6 or 7 cables (under 15 feet each), my Korg floor/pedal tuner, and a surge protector. Also the more padding the better.

I saw that the Fender Deluxe double electric bass gig bag looks like it has the space, but they aren't available until later this month. It has 20mm of padding and what appears to be a pocket for a pedal towards the top, and 2 larger pockets on the bottom.
    http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Deluxe-Double-Bass-Guitar-Gig-Bag?sku=541321
    [​IMG]

Sorry if this would fit better in another forum, I just thought that since the LMII fitting was my most important requirement it made sense to go in the amps forum.

2. Swamp leeches? Just me?

3. pmcd

pmcd Supporting Member

Feb 22, 2006
    Denver,CO
  4. My Gig Bag will hold em - send em on over :D

5. For the past year I've been using an Access Stage III double bass bag to hold my 4-string Precision, 5-string Jazz and Acoustic Image Clarus, plus cables, etc. It used to hold my 35" scale Lakland 5-string instead of the Jazz, so it's long enough to accomodate most basses. Great bag. Super value. It has held up very well and hasn't so much as popped a stitch thus far. It still looks almost new.

I added a second strap (your dealer can order on from Access) to make it easier to backpack and to free up both hands, one for a speaker cab and the other for an accesories bag or a laptop computer or a clothes bag (if a clothes change is required), etc.

http://www.accessbagsandcases.com/ab3db11.htm

Bluesy Soul :cool:

6. I ordered a scratch and dent fender bag (first post) for about $36. I'll post a review in case somebody else is wanting to do the same thing.

What I like about this, is it will eliminate 4 different things that I normally carry:
    2 Fender Hardshell cases
    1 metal briefcase (strings, cables, tuner, surge protector, etc...)
    1 amp

So hopefully I can walk into a gig or practice with the bag on my back and a cab in each hand. (2x GS112)

7. andrewd

andrewd

Sep 5, 2003
    I can barely deal my Sadowsksy Portabag with one bass when my LMII is also in it. I have had shoulder/neck problems in the past though.

8. I'm around 6'6" and 250 lbs. It's not so much the weight that bothers me or that gets me winded as it is having to go up and down stairs/multiple trips to car and stage. One trip in, one trip out and I will be extremely happy.

I'm a little worried that such a low cost bag won't hold up to the weight, but I have an older designed Fender deluxe bag and it seems to be built well.

9. Coelho

Coelho

May 10, 2006
    Astoria, NY
    I have the Fender one, from the first post here. I really like it and us it a lot. That said, I m not sure if you can fit a LMII. I can fit my F1, but it is half the height of the LMII...

10. texasgreg

texasgreg

Oct 29, 2007
    Austintacious
  11. I'm pretty sure the large pocket on the Warwick Rockbagis to small for a LMII. I tore the lining up on mine after two weeks of trying to jam one in. It'll likely fit the F1 perfectly, though.

Note the Warwick Rockbag is probably the worst of any gig bag I've ever seen in terms of quality. Fabric rips at reinforcement points, tears along seams... All within a few months of being used regularly.

12. I have a small mixer bag from Gigskinz for my LMII. It is well padded and fits prefect.
    I think I paid around 35-45.

BTW, I'm shipping the other GS112 to you tomorrow.

13. thejohnkim

thejohnkim

Sep 30, 2003
    NYC
    Another recommendation for the Access bags. i personally use the Stage 5 bag which is being redesigned currently, but their stage 3 bags are equally well constructed and nice to use.

14. asad137

asad137

Jan 18, 2007
    Minneapolis
    Physicist
    +1. I have had no end of problems with the main zipper due to a poor design (it gets stuck on a little seam of fabric all the time), which led to a torn lining, and some of the other sewn seams are coming apart. I'm going to have to get a new bag at some point in the near future.

Asad

15. Cool, thanks.

I got to use the one with 2 different bands this weekend, and it absolutely rocked with my new original band.

What blew me away though, was I was able to sort of keep up with a super heavy, almost metal band. with 2 4x12 cabs both with tube amps cranked. My YBA 200 was getting close to being maxed out, but the cab handled it like a champ! I don't plan on playing with them again, but it's nice to know the cab is capable.

sooooo impressed

16. So U R wanting a bag to hold 2 guitars(basses) the LMII amp + leads etc.... ?????? WOW.. I dunno. I keep my LMII ina laptop bag-which has enough room for the 2 speakon & jack spkr leads, pwr lead, 3 guitar leads, a small tuner & a music binder. Then it's the Bass, & aggie GS112 in other hand & shoulder.

17. anyonefortennis

anyonefortennis Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Lincoln, NE
  18. DanielleMuscato

DanielleMuscato

Jun 19, 2004
    Columbia, Missouri, USA
    Endorsing Artist, Schroeder Cabinets
    I have one of the Undercover double bags from above. Check the dimensions of your basses carefully: I can't fit my MTD in it (too long, won't zip closed over the headstock) or both of my Line6 Variaxes at once (won't zip shut because, with both in it, too deep front-to-back). So, unfortunately, I don't even use it. I have a cheapie Gator double-bag that works great. It's not very padded and doesn't fit my LMII, but it gets the job done.

19. Thanks for all the recommendations, but $36 was just too good of a deal to pass up for the Double Fender bag. I'm just hoping the LMII will fit.

I don't know if I could justify the bags that cost well over $100. If I started touring again (which I can't see happening for a while.) I would use my hard shell cases instead. Load in/out isn't so bad when your band is lending a hand and you're using a trailer.