Which GK Neo IV Cab to match with my Fusion 210 Combo?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Groshretro, Oct 20, 2021.

1. Groshretro

Groshretro

Jan 23, 2014
    Reno, NV
    Hi Ladies and Gents:

I bought a Gallien-Krueger Fusion 2-10 Combo which is 400 watts internally, and so far I really like it.

I want to buy a GK Neo IV Ext. Cab to bump it up to 800 watts...either the 2-10, 1-15 or 1-12 Neo IV Cabs.

I know its subjective, but has anyone out there tried an Ext. Cab (Neo IV) with their Fusion 210". I play in a 6 pc Country/Rock band and a Blues Trio. Any thoughts on Cab Matches with the 210 Fusion?

Thanks much for your time and thoughts:)!
    Joe
    Reno, NV
    GK Fusion 2-10 Combo.jpg

2. ryco

ryco

Apr 24, 2005
    I ordered a GK Fusion 800 210 combo a few weeks ago.
    Pre-paid; just waiting on SweetWater to bill and send.
    Am going to match it with an old GK Neo 410 MBE 800w @ 8Ω

Have been using it with my GK 1001RB 210 combo. 80#
    Great cab = punchy and tight; LOUD and light!

I play everything from LOUD hard rock, to jazz latin fusion, to oldies cover stuff '50s-'00s.
    GK 1001/210 with 410 cab can keep up with anything without breaking a sweat.
    My original rawk geetar player uses a Marshall stack and drummer is a frikkin pounder - have never had the combo over 10 o'clock. The combo by itself can fill a good size room, I just worry about blowing the speakers, but no damage so far in over 10 years. The 1001 combo is getting old and developing some issues, needs some shop time. I'm getting the new Fusion combo because of the tube hybrid factor and that it weighs half as much as the 1001 combo. :)

Last edited: Oct 24, 2021
    Groshretro likes this.
  3. Groshretro

Groshretro

Jan 23, 2014
    Reno, NV
    Tks for your reply, and enjoy your Fusion 210!! So far I love mine and used it on a big stage last, and it worked just fine...took it to rehearsal today and i'm in love with the 210 combo. Previously I have the 212 Legacy and that is also a killer amp, but I like the 10s and the Fusion a bit better. Will prolly end up getting the 210 or 115 Neo IV Cab in future to match it, as I want the option to move more air and increase the wattage to 800 watts (from 400 watts). I talked to GK and they suggested the NeoIV cabs over the Neo IIIs, because their voiced differently and made to match the Fusion and Legacy Series. Best regrds!

ryco likes this.
  4. Groshretro

Groshretro

Jan 23, 2014
    Reno, NV
    Ryco:
    How did the Fusion 210 Combo match up with your Neo 410 Cab for a 610 rig? Tks so much!!

5. ryco

ryco

Apr 24, 2005

Hey Groshretro -

Matches up well. Weight was the big factor. And the price for the Neo IV 410 @ $1400 - which I'm sure could have been negotiated with Sweetwater - was more than I wanted to spend when I already had a MBE that works great!

Also the Neo IV is a 4Ω cab and my MBE is 8Ω. Not a big big deal, but matches up better with my old GK 1001rb/210 combo. The Fusion S 800 is a little more versatile in how one can add additional cabs - something I'm not likely to do, but do have more options. ( 1 8Ω; 2 8Ωs; or 1 8Ω + 1 4Ω).

But SOUNDS GREAT!! Very pleased! Don't play very loud with my oldies cover band, but run 25' speaker cable over and put the 410 by the guitar player on the other side of the stage - he can hear me without excessive stage volume. With my hard rock band just leave a single stack and duke it out volume wise on stage :bassist:

Hope this helps which ever route you choose to go! :hyper:

Last edited: Mar 1, 2022
    Groshretro likes this.
  6. Groshretro

Groshretro

Jan 23, 2014
    Reno, NV

7. Groshretro

Groshretro

Jan 23, 2014
    Reno, NV
    Tks Ryco....much appreciated my friend!!

ryco likes this.
  8. ryco

ryco

Apr 24, 2005
    Meant to add the Fusion 800 210 can also run 1 4Ω cab as well, so would pair well with the Neo IV 410.
    Could even run the Neo IV plus another 8Ω cab, if the Neo IV has a 1/4" out to daisy chain out. Not sure on this.

Typing info out not my forté. :atoz:

9. Groshretro

Groshretro

Jan 23, 2014
    Reno, NV

Thanks so much Ryco...sounds like you have an awesome rig Brother! Yeah, those Neo IVs are pricey. Recently picked up my old Neo III 410, and am gonna try it with my Fusion 210 combo, for a 610 Rig. In general though, I'm really digging the Fusion 2-10" Combo + Neo IV 1-15" rig. Rock on!

ryco likes this.
  10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 18, 2022