1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Which Head for 2 Schroeder Mini 12 + ?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by johnpaulbass, Mar 9, 2013.

1. johnpaulbass

johnpaulbass

Nov 2, 2005
    Slovenia
    Hi.

I would kindly ask you for some advice ;)

I have to Schroeder Mini 12+ 8ohm cabs.

Now I was running them through a Markbass sd 800 amp head but I'm not really satisfied with the sound.

Could you tell me which head would you consider buying for those cabs ?

I'm mostly playing rock-blues and pop stuff.

Thank you!!!

2. Sav'nBass

Sav'nBass Supporting Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Northern Va.
    I have two of those and they sound great singularly or together through my SL 900... :)

3. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Personal preference. You've already found one amp you don't like. Now, you need to find one you do likie. You'll need to go out and play some amps WITH your cabs.

4. MegaSwing

MegaSwing Your Obedient Bassist® Gold Supporting Member

Nov 26, 2002
    Baltimore, MD USA
    This.

Your ears, your rig, your needs, your budget.

5. wellso74

wellso74 Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Richmond, Virginia
    I would like to read some opinions as well!!

6. MegaSwing

MegaSwing Your Obedient Bassist® Gold Supporting Member

Nov 26, 2002
    Baltimore, MD USA
    Well, when I ran Schroeders, they sounded absolutely stunning with my Markbass LMII. I also used an AMP BH420 (See Thunderfunk) with them before I downsized. Roof-raising volume and tone for days with both heads. Schroeders have a sound. They make most amps sound the same. That's my experience AND opinion.

7. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    Yeah, I bet the Streamliner sounds excellent thru Schroeders. They are very coloured cabs and from my experience work best with an amp that has inherent warmth and big low end.

OP you might find you like your tone alot more if you add a VT bass or Paradriver to your signal chain. Worth a shot?

8. Gintaras

Gintaras

Dec 11, 2004
    Kent Island, Md.
    I have a Schroeder 15L. Wanted to add some warmth so presently trying an Ampeg PF350. Much warmer than the GK MB200 that I am using and seems to make all of my basses and pedals sound better with the Schroeder. I have 20 days left on my trial period from GC but know it seems like a keeper. For 2 cabs you might want to look at the PF500.

9. Sav'nBass

Sav'nBass Supporting Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Northern Va.
    I was originally going to sell my Tri-115 to offset the cost of the Schros that I got here in a fantastic deal but I like the sound of both cabs so much I just decided to keep them all and call it a day .... for now anyway. I like Schros. The first cab I bought once I had an idea of what I was doing was a 1212 and I have found that I prefer the sound of 12s. The 12Ls are so light and yet so loud and can handle anything I throw at them.

10. johnpaulbass

johnpaulbass

Nov 2, 2005
    Slovenia
    And what about acoustic image ?