Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Which head for me??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fat jonny, Nov 23, 2001.

1. fat jonny

fat jonny

Jul 8, 2000
    Columbus Ohio
    Hi,
    I am looking for a used amp in the $300-400 range. I am looking for a head only with at least 350 watts. I play in a rock band with a drummer and a loud guitarist and having enough volume and headroom is my biggest concern. I was mainly looking at the ampeg B2R or SVT350H (I heard they are the same but i think the SVT350 looks cooler) or a Carvin or hartke maybe. I dont live close to any music stores so I have never really had the chance to try any heads. Can anyone reccomend a good sounding amp that is LOUD? I really wanted a carvin R1000 but havent been able to find them used in my price range. Thanks in advance!

2. pbassfreak

pbassfreak

May 2, 2001
    long beach
    i have an svt350h and play through an ampeg 4x10 classic..i dont know how but it holds its own against 2 marshall guitar cabs ..i really didnt think it would but theres plenty of volume there..im very impressed with the svt350h..your right it looks cool to

3. Bass18

Bass18 Guest

Jul 21, 2001
    Australia
    I have a B2R and play it through an Ampeg 4x10HE and it is pretty loud. When I play with our drummer and guitarist using a 60 watt valve fender, I only have the gain a quarter of the way, and thats loud enough for us.