1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Which Hipshot Xtender?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Hamrhed, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Hamrhed

Hamrhed

Dec 26, 2007
    Ky
    Hi all...

I have looked on the Hipshot website, and I have an '06 US P Bass that I want to put an extender on. I think it may be the BT-4, but the description is kind of vague. The latest Hipshot addition to the catalog BT-8 is for 2008's and beyond so i think thats no good for me.

Anyone have an idea :)

Thanks...

2. SanDiegoHarry

SanDiegoHarry Banned Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    The trick is matching the look of your current tuners to the hipshot - I suggest you take a pic of your tuner and send it to the guys at Bestbassgear and let them tell you what you need. They're great.

3. Hamrhed

Hamrhed

Dec 26, 2007
    Ky
    Thanks for the reply!

Well looks-wise the BT4 & the new BT8 both look very similar to my tuner, so I am guessing its the BT4 since the 8 is described as 2008 and newer. Its just that the description for the 4 doesnt really say specifically, so Im trying to be sure before I get one shipped and have to ship it back :D

4. Jason Ungleich

Jason Ungleich Hipshot Products

Aug 5, 2004
    You do need the BT4. The BT8 was not used by Fender until late 2007.

5. Busker

Busker

Jan 22, 2007
    I have an '06 American Series P and the BT4 is the one. It'll fit with no modifications. The two pins on the back and the threaded collar hold it in place. Slick.

Here's a pic of my BT4.

hipshot2.