Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Which hollowbody??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BassGreaser, May 18, 2003.

1. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I'm looking at getting a hollow bodied bass... which one gives you that early 60's style sound the best.

2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    That'd be a Hofner Beatle Bass with flatwounds.

3. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Yeah I was looking at the bass....the 63 reissue or the carven. Anyone know someone who wants to sell theirs!!!

4. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    sorry for me ****ty spelling:p

5. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    what does everyone else think

6. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    Epiphone Rivoli's are nice... Guild Starfire... Both short-scale, '60's staples... Like Munji says... string 'em with flats for that nice 'tubby' sound...

On a side note, I played my Epi Jack Casady in church this morning. First time I've played it out since March as other of my axes have been grabbing my attention of late. Tone, tone, tone!

-robert

7. I like the Lakland one. It does the old school and the more modern. There's supposed to be a Skyline version of it in the next few months.

8. drd07

drd07

Jan 19, 2003
    I vote for the jack casady. Sweet bass and great tone. Can't seem to put that one down and it has become my main bass now. Replaced my 5 string.