Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Which infrared headphone to use with PX4B?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by BadSharky, May 9, 2005.

1. Anyone uses their PX4B with infrared headphones? How does it sound? Which brand? How much? Are they very directional?

Any suggestions, comments or recommandations would be appreciated.

Thanks!

2. Suckbird

Suckbird Banned

May 4, 2004
    Sweden
    When i bought my pandora i got a tascam headphone for free..

It's pretty noisy but that might not be the headphones faulth--- :rolleyes:

3. Robman

Robman

Mar 19, 2004
    Sherman, Texas
    I have the old version PXB3 and it don't seem very loud with average walkman type earphones. I have a set of Sure E2's, that I use with an in ear monitor system, but haven't tried with the PXB3.

The E2's are nice - no outside noises since they fit inside the ear canal. And, they handle bass frequencies nicely at above average volume levels.

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Headphones aren't effects unless they're too cheap. Moved.

5. Hey Suckbird,

Can you give me the part number for those headphones? Beside the noise, are they loud enough? Do they give you a good bass sound? Are they very directional or can you turn you head away from the PX4B? In the end, do you recommand them?

Thanks!

6. Suckbird

Suckbird Banned

May 4, 2004
    Sweden
    I think you can get them pretty loud, but the louder you have them turned on the more noise you get too.
    And no you cant turn your head away or it will get NOISE NOISE headache.. it sounds pretty good though..

also, i would recommend not getting wireless headphones, i like to sit comfortable and i usually gets my bass inbetween the infrared inputs and the headphone start to make noise :p