1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Which interface

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by TheAngryPocket, Apr 3, 2013.

1. I'm a bassist/ guitarist who needs assistance with which interface would be best for doing demos. I'm looking at either the Eleven Rack, or an Apogee Duet 2 running Amplitube. Also, I use my iMac for bringing home studio work.

2. I'm an Apogee fan. Check out the Apogee One or Apogee Duet...

3. Or would it be ridiculous to have two/ both?

4. It wouldn't be ridiculous to have both IMO. I had both for a time actually...The One has a built-in condenser that's really nice for on the go songwriting and whatnot. The Duet is perfect for my basement studio setup and I ended up getting rid of my One. Depends on the need and what you're looking for.

5. I guess I'm just trying to give myself choices with having Amplitube an the Eleven rack presets. Maybe I should be asking about liking one over the other(i.e. Eleven Rack vs. Amplitube), and the latency between them?

6. KrisHayes

KrisHayes

Sep 30, 2012
    Eleven Rack is absolutely my favorite amp sim on the market. If that's what's important in your setup, don't hesitate to pick it up, as you're killing two birds with one stone there.

7. MCMLXI

MCMLXI

Feb 9, 2013
    San Diego, CA
    +1

The Apogee Jam is good too if you're on a budget.

8. chatterbox272

chatterbox272

Apr 12, 2012
    I'm a Focusrite fan personally. So I'd say something like the Focusrite Scarlett 2i4. For amp sim's there's bulk free ones that will floor Amplitube. LePou has a bunch, and if you couple those with the LeCab impulse loader and some impulses out of the 'Sperimental Pack or Catharsis Impulses then you'll be set. If you insist on paid amp sims then I'd check out AcmeBarGig's Headcase Suite, it is THE most versatile you will ever find because the builder allows users to create their own heads so there's a bunch of user created ones available for just about anything.