Which intro should I use? | Down and Dirty Dub content

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by MakiSupaStar, Jan 22, 2009.

1. Intro 1.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Intro 2.

5 vote(s)
    71.4%
  3. Bacon - (I like both)

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  4. Carrots - (I don't like either and I'm generally angry that I read this thread)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Ok guys, I'm in the midst of another song here. This is still very very rough, only basic drums, bass, and guitar recorded so far. I'm torn between two intro's here. Not sure which one to work with. The dudes I'm playing with are split down the middle. Two like the first and two like the second. Figured I'd throw it up on TB to see which one wins out. Levels are still pretty rough, but some constructive feedback would still be welcome. Thanks guys. Here are the two versions.

Thanks again.

**EDIT: Ok until I figure out what the hell's going on with putfile, I'm going to put up download links from sendspace.

Niney Dub intro 1

and

Niney Dub intro 2

EDIT: Ok I have one version 1 up on Soundclick, but I don't have the space to add the second version. Here's a link to that version.

Niney Dub intro 1

2. MakiSupaStar

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Oh crap. Let me check.

3. same here- no playee dubbingness

4. thetawaves

thetawaves

Dec 29, 2006
    It dinnae play laddy!

5. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Yeah, I tried it last night and it did not work. I just got a new computer so it did not have apple on it, but it did not work even after I downloaded quicktime.

6. MakiSupaStar

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Ok. I added sendspace downloads of MP3's until I figure out why the MP3's won't play on Putfile. These files play fine as MP3's on my machine locally, so they shouldn't cause you any problems when you download them. If ya'll don't mind downloading. :)

Now back to figuring out putfile. Anyone got any other suggestions for sites to upload to?

7. I voted #2 as I heard more stuff going on in the higher registers(jus' what I like :cool:), but I was wanting more initial rhythmic info, to tell me where the one is. Nice overall- I'm wanting the bass to get bigger, deeper & cleaner in the mix.

8. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Ok, gave 'em a listen. I would definitely have to say #2. It sounds more in time, and the guitar sounds like it's actually leading into the beginning of the song instead of a noodle noodle, and then bam, song starts. It's a little more transitional into the actually song.

No for the rest of the song. Whats goin on at 2.59-3.10, and at 3.26-3.40? Overdrive? It sounds damn cool! And then rest of the song has a filter of some sort going? Sounds pretty squishy!

9. MakiSupaStar

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Yeah. At 2:59 that's where I kick in the 'dirty' channel of my preamp. It's the overdrive channel of the Ampeg SVP-BSP. No effects just tube grit. Then after that I step on the MoogerFooger Low Pass Filter. I took the expression pedal off it for this recording. I think it's broken, and was mucking stuff up. I might go back and close the envelope a little bit. It was wide open for this recording.

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 28, 2021