1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

which is best?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by volt9stormrider, May 4, 2006.

1. ClassicJazz

ClassicJazz Bottom Feeders Unite!! Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Delray Beach, Florida
    None of the links work!

But I would get a Ibanez anyday over a SX, IMHO!

2. zachbass02

zachbass02 One Hairy....squatch.

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    I would have to disagree...my preference would be the SX over an Ibanez. Good stuff, good quality, and easy on the wallet.....but I've also never ever been an Ibanez fan......just my preference though

3. lefty007

lefty007

Jan 19, 2004
    Miami, FL
    get one you like

4. TBalls

TBalls

Mar 18, 2005
    Boston
    If you're in the Boston area I'd definitely recommend going to the Burlington, MA store. The store manager there is awesome to deal with.

5. the links work right now so if they work for you check them out

:bassist: :hyper: :bassist:

6. RyansDad

RyansDad

Jan 31, 2006
    Tolland, CT
    The Ibanez over the SX - hands down.

BTW, the Aeb appears to have been bought.

7. TheEmptyCell

TheEmptyCell Bearded Dingwall Enthusiast Banned SUSPENDED

All three are polar opposites. You've got a fretless, an acoustic, and a fretted. Better sort out your priorities first.

8. JKwo

JKwo

Jan 12, 2006
    Berklee
    mhmm.

9. uhh no :rollno: sorry theyre not theres 2 fretless and one acoustic.. im thinkin of gettin the fretless... whats your view on those two? (sx and ibanez) reply plz.. .thx

10. fyi the acoustic ibanez isnt bought even though im looking more at the fretless ones. just lettin ya kno...

11. JKwo

JKwo

Jan 12, 2006
    Berklee
    I dunno, I haven't played SX, but I've only heard good things, and I know first hand that Ibanez SRs are quality basses. You new to the instrument? If so, the lined one would probably better facilitate the learning process.

and how to you know that the acoustic one hasn't been bought?

12. hey well you could say im new to the instrument but not really. Ive been lpaying electric bass for about 6 months but ive been playing upright for several years so i guess you could say im new to fretless electric basses but in a way im not. :meh:i know that the ibanez a/e isnt sold because i looked and the link was still up there which means that it most likely didnt sell yet. also, what was making the decision between the 2 fretlesses tough was the fact that the ibanez in good condition comes with a case in fair condition but the SX is in very good condition for a less expensive price. what should i do?

13. JKwo

JKwo

Jan 12, 2006
    Berklee
    Well, if you're been playing upright for a few years, then you should have much less trouble than most playing an unlined fretless..

Anyways, what style of music would you be leaning towards?

14. well id be playing both rock styles and jazz in a jazz band... possibly funk as well but mostly jazz and rock for my school and just for jamming... thx

15. JKwo

JKwo

Jan 12, 2006
    Berklee
    Well I've personally experienced that ibanez sr series aren't so great tonewise for traditional jazz or blues (though good for pretty much everything else), whereas a fender clone should be, and like the ibanez, they should give you a very nice rock sound, too.

So i suppose I'd recommend the SX.

16. thx for the advice i really needed it... ill get them shipped down to my local store and try them out and see which one i like best... thx again...

17. bfonf

bfonf

Feb 20, 2006
    Personally I say SX.

18. dangnewt

dangnewt Veteran Dispenser

Jun 6, 2003
    MetroWest Boston
    Wouldn't a new SX be cheaper? Is there anything particularly special about the one that Daddy's is listing.