Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

which is better?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by blacklabel, Oct 27, 2005.

1. blacklabel

blacklabel

Oct 27, 2005
    i am really trying to get a new bass and im down to the last two. the first one is grind bass 4 BXP NTB. second MM2 OLP. i really like to play funk, i like to slap, but i dont knoe how good any of them are so whats ur opinions?

2. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    Haven't tried either but this is what I can tell you. The Peavey lists for about 120 bucks more (new) than the OLP and I would imagine is slightly higher in quality for the price difference. Both basses get good reviews on the review sites but the OLP comes out marginally higher than the Peavey.
    That's all I know.

3. dwm612

dwm612 Guest

Nov 2, 2005
    Olney, Maryland
    In my opinion, Peavey should have stuck with making speakers... I've played a few Peavey basses and I really wasn't all that impressed, just my opinion. I'm currently playing an OLP MM2 and I'm extremely impressed. It was a gift to me and I'll admit I may have never picked it up had that not been the case. I've got nothing but good out of it so far...

4. i'm a big fan of peavey's budget range. i have a milestone 3 i got when i was 14 and it plays better than any other bass in that price range i've ever tried. the grinds are a couple of models above mine, so i would hope they play at least as well.... never tried the OLPs though.

5. thedoctor

thedoctor

Jun 20, 2005
    I know about the Peavey but not the OLP. My opinion is, therefore, worthless. If you have a budget it has to fit into and we know your playing style already, you should probably broaden your accepable axe list a bit. 4 and 5 string slappers are a lot like gas mileage. What are you willing to give up to get good? Since you have got it down to those two, I would got for the grind. Neck and reliability have to be considered at some point. Grinds have them some decent necks.

6. I wouldnt quite agree there, there are alot of people on here that praise the cirrus series, alot!