Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Which is Better?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Metal123, Sep 21, 2001.

1. Ibanez BTB series

11 vote(s)
    47.8%
  2. Ibanez EDA-905

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  3. Carvin B5

11 vote(s)
    47.8%
  1. I need to know which one of these basses is better in your opinions

2. Imho the BTB is the best in both looks and tone.

3. flipperwhite

flipperwhite

Jul 12, 2001
    usa
    the Spector....of course.:D

4. I.'.I.'.Nakoa

I.'.I.'.Nakoa Guest

Aug 10, 2000
    Fort Worth.
    btb, but there is better basses out. never tried a carvin. The eda didnt sound all that good. the "piezo" pickups sounded like regular pickups, and made no difference in tone when mixed with the normal ones.

5. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    BTB. Best bass Ibanez makes, and, you can try it before you buy (unlike Carvin)

6. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Hey, that's my line!!!! :p

7. Freakapotamus9

Freakapotamus9

Jun 20, 2001
    Nebraska
    i third the Spector ....

in the price range your looking in i suggest the NS2000Q 4 ( or 5 ). i played both and might i add i was VERY impressed.

8. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    I know a good lawyer, in case you want to sue him/her
    :D :p

9. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    Ohhhh yeah......

I voted for BTB, EDB series kinda suck.... and I´d never tried one carvin.... so....

10. mgood

mgood

Sep 29, 2001
    Levelland, Texas
    Carvin.

Better construction, better sound, better electronics. And, in my opinion, much better "feel" or playability.

Get one and see. You can try it at home, at practice, or at your gig for ten days, and if you don't like it, send it back. All it will cost you is like twenty bucks for return shipping. If you send it back because something is wrong with it, they usually pay the shipping too, but if you send it back just because you decided to get something else, then I'm pretty sure you have to pay the return shipping.

I'm waiting for my third Carvin bass. It's being built now.:D

11. This is a really old post, i Got a Carvin a while back, you can close it if you want. dont need any more replies, thanks guys

12. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    So how do you like it?

13. The carvin is great, It's just what i need right now, It sounds great and plays very nicely, and it also has killer looks.

14. Suburban

Suburban

Jan 15, 2001
    lower mid Sweden
    BTB?
    isn't it BTW?

huh? need some sleep? :oops:

15. well it depends on what sound your looking for? The EDA and BTB are built to sound differnt and are both awesome basses. I prefer to use the EDA when playing electrical hard rock like deftones, orgy fear factory sort of music. where your not really looking for a woody tone. and the BTB for most other styles, tis a very diverse bass this one. and carvin well sorry never tried one.

also everyone!!!! if your going to say something sucks please justify your answers I'm sick of people just saying things suck. WHY DO THEY SUCK!!!!? people. just saying it suck's get nobody anywhere. (I'm talking to a select few here)