1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Which is the best battery for active electronics?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Greg Waldon, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Greg Waldon

Greg Waldon

Aug 22, 2017
    Mississippi
    None
    I have 2 basses with active pre amps that are pretty close to needing battery replacement. In the past I have used Energizer, Duracell and a couple of others. Is any one battery, as long as it is alkaline, better than the other? One bass I bought had a Procell, made by Duracell. Seemed to last. What do y’all use?

2. Jim C

Jim C Is that what you meant to play or is this jazz? Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Bethesda, MD
    I have had horrible luck with Duracels leaking and nearly ruined a Fluke VOM; they did trash a very nice flashlight.
    The pink bunny works for me but I switched to Procell based on my buddies PA business.
    They go through piles of batteries with wireless mics and they say are worth the extra $$.
    Last long and no issues.

PawleeP, JGbassman and Greg Waldon like this.
  3. Greg Waldon

Greg Waldon

Aug 22, 2017
    Mississippi
    None

I saw Procell online for $15 - $17 for a box of 12. Sounds like a good deal. I am going to check those out.

PawleeP likes this.
  4. Jim C

Jim C Is that what you meant to play or is this jazz? Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Bethesda, MD
    Greg Waldon likes this.
  5. Greg Waldon

Greg Waldon

Aug 22, 2017
    Mississippi
    None
  6. Greg Waldon

Greg Waldon

Aug 22, 2017
    Mississippi
    None

That is a ton of useful information right there. Thanks for all of it. I am gonna try the Procells and see how they compare the the ones I have used already. A few years ago my daughter did an experiment to see which c cell batteries lasted longer In flashlights. Bought 5 flashlights that were exactly the same. Used Duracell, Energizer, Ray o vac, eveready and Dollar General batteries. All fresh with fairly close expiration dates. DG batteries lasted longest of all. Probably 2 hours longer than Energizer (2nd place).

ex-tension likes this.