1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Which is the better option, DR Hi Beams or D'Addario XL Prosteels?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Karsonn, May 16, 2011.

1. Karsonn

Karsonn

May 16, 2011
    Northern Ireland
    Hey, so I've been using DR Hi Beams for a while now on my Fender Hoppus signature, and I think they're brilliant, but I kinda want to try something different, and I've came across D'Addario's Prosteels. I was wondering which you all think is better? I'm looking for plenty of ringing high end, with a good chime, but plenty of depth and body at the same time =)

I use .055- .110 gauge =)

Thanks!

2. I used to use high beams on my p basses and tried pro steels and I wasn't happy with them at all. I now use sit strings power steels in stainless and the rock brights in stainless. I would definitly check them out. There brighter then the high beams. The pro steels weren't as bright as the high beams.

3. Karsonn

Karsonn

May 16, 2011
    Northern Ireland
    Thanks a lot man, I've been looking into SIT and they look like they're definitely worth a try! =)
    So it'll either be those, or back to the Hi-Beams =)

4. Atticus

Atticus

May 26, 2010
    Memphis, TN
    I definitely prefer DR, having tried multiple D'Addario styles for bass and guitar and never liking them as much.

5. tylerwylie

tylerwylie

Jan 5, 2008
    Dunwoody, GA
    I've heard good things about the R. Cocco 6 string steel sets.

6. Karsonn

Karsonn

May 16, 2011
    Northern Ireland
    Yeah, I definitely think I'll be sticking to my trusty DR's =)
    Tylerwylie, do you know if they do a good 4-string set?

7. MarTONEbass

MarTONEbass

Jun 19, 2009
    Norton, MA
    I don't think DR's have a bad set, period! try the Lo-Riders if you like a tight feel.

8. tylerwylie

tylerwylie

Jan 5, 2008
    Dunwoody, GA
    I haven't tried them, though I want to.