1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Which Jag would you choose?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassgod76, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Sunburst: Sunburst finishes typically require better wood.

29 vote(s)
    30.2%
  2. Olympic White: It gives a Jag a cool look.

67 vote(s)
    69.8%
  1. bassgod76

bassgod76 bass turd burglar

Mar 13, 2003
    South Florida
    Ever since I saw American Rejects in concert, I started developing a liking for the Fender Jaguar. They offer 4 colors, but I only favor two of them. Which would you choose?

Jaguar SB.

Jaguar OW.

2. Of those two, I would definitely choose Oly White. Classic Sunburst is very 'meh' for me...

3. bluewine

bluewine Banned

Sep 4, 2008
    WI
    I picked up the red one last week for 549.00 new.I still over paid for it. I know a llot of guys don't like painted head stock, I do.

BTW, we do Dirty Little Secret. AARs.

4. I do wish the Oly White came with the matching headstock...

5. Bardley

Bardley

Nov 16, 2007
    Louisville, KY
    The white just seems to work better on a Jag.

6. Bardley

Bardley

Nov 16, 2007
    Louisville, KY
    OOOOOH! Big +1

7. OlafR

OlafR

Jan 31, 2006
    The Netherlands
    I guess I'd go for the Olympic White, too.

8. I just bought the Olympic White version for $479.00 at MF. It's actually pretty vintage-brownish-yellow looking, and the inlay is also an off-white. Still looks cool though. I struggled with the Red and its matching headstock, always a good look, too bad it's RED (after 30 years of buying selling and trading guitars I'm a little tired of red and black). I'm going to prep and refin the headstock on mine Olympic White to match the body.

9. Post pics when it's done!

10. Will do.

11. bassgod76

Mar 13, 2003
    South Florida
    $479.00! That's a steal! No delivery issues? It come with a case?

I really didn't like the red, and I'm trying to get away from black guitars.

12. bassgod76

Mar 13, 2003
    South Florida
    I just called MF and they acted like I was high when I mentioned $479.00. (Shrug) :rolleyes:

13. MF had a 20% off sale for phone orders last week. I'm a repeat customer, not sure if that had anything to do with it, and I had to bring it to the CS rep's attention. I'm not sure if it's still going. No case, but I picked up a nice Fender molded hardshell on Craigslist over the weekend for $50.00. You need a case that will accomodate a Jazz for the Jag to fit, it won't fit in a P Bass case.

Also, my Jag has the dreaded buzz issue, so I will be working with my electronics tech to identify the source and cure it. Still a nice bass, worth a little extra effort, thick, heavy and solidly made guitar. LOTS of tonal possibilities, slaps and pops like a Jazz. No regrets.

14. D Bopp

D Bopp Supporting Member

May 26, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    I bought one of these on MF last week using the OCT20% coupon over the phone. I also had a hard time deciding between the Sunburst and the Oly White. I decided on the white. It looks really good in person.

15. bassgod76

Mar 13, 2003
    South Florida
    Wah Wah!

You mean, humm issue?

16. bassgod76

Mar 13, 2003
    South Florida
    Where is this OCT20% coupon?

17. Bongolation

Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    California
    No Bogus Endorsements
    I wouldn't have considered this bass until they came up with the sunburst.

BTW, they don't give better wood on sunburst unless you're paying an upcharge for matching.

The last two American Fenders I bought that were same-price sunburst had unmatched three-piece blanks with numerous uglinesses.

Maybe Dyna-Gakki is more conscientious than Corona, I dunno (I sure hope so).

BTW, these are still MIJs, right? Someone was saying they'd been downsourced to Ensenada. Right? Wrong?

18. Sorry, yes, as opposed to fret buzz, I meant electronic hum, particularly when active is engaged. I've read extensively here on TB the causes and cures, my tech will probably do it in about 3 minutes while I watch. The guy's a genius.

19. Bongolation

Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    California
    No Bogus Endorsements
    Just call them and axe for the discount. Phone-only, apparently.

20. D Bopp

D Bopp Supporting Member

May 26, 2007
    Atlanta, GA

Just call MF and say you would like to use the coupon OCT20%. The guy I spoke with accepted it and didn't ask me for any other verification