Which jazz bass model is this?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bradd, Aug 24, 2020.

1. bradd

bradd

Jan 27, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    This bass is for sale locally, and I'm not sure what model this jazz bass is. It might not be a Fender at all. Any ideas? 00d0d_esmAX7UEtMS_0lM0t2_1200x900~2.jpg

2. garp

garp

Feb 7, 2009
    Connecticut USA
    I second that emotion. A side jack on a three-knob Fender with no control plate and no pickguard suggest that it's one of several thousand Fender clones built overseas. That's not to say it might not be a killer bass. But it ain't a Fender.

bradd likes this.
  3. bradd

bradd

Jan 27, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    It has a Fender Precision neck on it, so at the very least it's a compatible body. I thought that it could possibly be a Fender Japan offering.

4. garp

garp

Feb 7, 2009
    Connecticut USA
    Hard to tell based on just one low-res photo. The body finish also looks to be non-Fender: not CAR; not Fiesta Red; not Dakota Red. Could potentially be an '80s color called Morocco Red, but I'm pretty sure there wasn't a Jazz issued in the International Series with rear-routing like that. Again, hard to tell from that angle, but the bridge pickup almost appears to be in the '70s position, which – if it's a Fender – narrows the possibilities quite a bit.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 24, 2021