Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Which kind of music ?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Alla, Jun 24, 2001.

1. Alla

Alla

Sep 25, 2000
    Italy
    Which kind of music do you all play ? Or from which kind of music have you started ?
    For me I've played all the music except for punk and metal .... I really don't like them .

2. I am in a metal band, we are so diverse, no holds barred sorta thing. I can agree that metal can get mundayne but we try to steer away from that. Thats why we are labelled as "death metal" or "black metal" we are Metal. we are all things hardcore metal.

As for punk.. well don't bother three chord rock yeah! bassists in those bands could do soo much more!

:D:D

Merls

oh let me have my fun! come on!

3. Cornbread

Cornbread

Jun 20, 2000
    Lawrence, Ma
    Have you ever played Zydeco or Klezmer music? You must have if you've played all types of music.
    As for me, my band plays pop/rock/pop-punk/blues junk, but I'm really a jazz/latin/funk guy yearning to break free and join a real band....

4. I was just listening to Graceland by Paul Simon, and now I want to start a township jive band. I have a fretless bass, and an accordian, now I just need a few other people to play.

5. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Well, up till when I was bandless due to relocation (and still will, after the relocation process), I play a sort of amalgamated style of metal, rock, punk, and then just plain strange. Primarily, though, to corner the type of music, would be Metal.

You wanna hear absolutly off the wall, my band did a punked up instrumental version of "Oh Suzanna"...yes, and it's actually really cool. I might get the sound byte put up here if I can find the tape it's on...

6. furtim

furtim

Dec 12, 1999
    Boston, MA, USA
    I started with Classical music, then started playing a little jazz, then I got into a metal/ska/rock band with some of my friends. For most of last year, I was doing all three at once. That was sweet. ;)