Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Which lakland

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by xb100, Jul 21, 2005.

Which lakland

Poll closed Jul 26, 2005.
  1. 44-01 3 Tone Sunburst maple FB

12.3%
  2. 44-01 Natural maple FB

16.0%
  3. 44-01 Cherry Sunburst maple FB

12.3%
  4. 55-01 Silver maple FB

7.4%
  5. 55-01 Natural maple FB

27.2%
  6. 55-01 3 Tone Sunburst maple FB

33.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. xb100

xb100

Mar 24, 2004
    NH, In
    To go along with my horrible GAS for lakland I made this poll to see which you guys prefer.

2. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    I keep thinking about picking up a 55-01. Those are nice, very nice basses for the price. I love the maple neck basses, espeically with natural finish or black.

3. triggert

triggert

Feb 5, 2005
    I'm trying to decide between a G&L Tribute or a Lakland 55-01. If I was to get the Lakland I'd get the 3 tone burst.

Trigg

4. SteveC

SteveC Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    Save a little more and get a 55-02 with the "USA" electronics. I had a natural with maple neck/board and it was a great bass. Kinda wish I still had it...

5. Roundwound

Roundwound

May 13, 2004
    Peoria, IL
  6. xb100

xb100

Mar 24, 2004
    NH, In
    Ya That would be cool, but I already have to save up 700$ if I wanna get a 44-01 or 55-01. If I want a USA that means I'd have to save up another 500$ or so. Sorry but my GAS is killing me, if I get a regular skyline I'll be good, maybe someday later I'll look into throwing out 1000$ for a bass, but not anytime soon.

7. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    55-02!

8. oldrocker

oldrocker

Feb 13, 2005
    Long Island, NY
    Bob Glaub, Candy Apple Red with J Bass Neck and P & J PUPs.

9. pepsican

pepsican

Oct 23, 2004
    iowa
    I voted the 55-01 sunburst, looks like im not the only one :smug:

10. Poon

Poon

May 20, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    Although I do think that the 55-01 is an incredible bass for the money, I think that the 55-02 is an incredible bass period. I think they are 2 different animals (although similar in may regards), some prefering one over the other. I subjectively like the sound of the 55-02 better, but I know several other respectiable musicians who wouldn't take a 55-02 over a -01 if their life dependend on it. My recommendation is to buy a 55-02 used. You can probably get a regular 55-02 used for around 7 bills, if you are lucky.

11. primus_55

primus_55

Dec 28, 2004
    Yes definantly go the extra for the 55-02 deluxe

12. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    Owner: The Dude Pit Forum (closed) Producer: School of Bass
    A 55-02 Standard will do...the difference is all cosmetic...The Lakland Skyline 55-02 Standard is one of the best buys on the market IMO...buy from whomever...it just is. About as good of a bang for the buck as you're gonna get! I sell craploads of them every year and have NEVER had a return...simple fact!

13. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Voted for the 55-01 with Sunburst finish. I just got one! Gonna have to sort out an issue with it though....but that's beacuse of the ebay seller, not Lakland. New battery and a new set of strings and it sounds great! Well happy. :bassist: (although due to significant damage to the headstock....looks like I'm ordering up a new neck from Dan....)

14. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    If your voting for finishes??? Sit down, you're an idiot.

Color has no sound but sound has color...

15. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    Too be expected...a new battery and a set of strings is $50 max and when you buy used you save easily $250...buck up or buy new.

16. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland

Agreed.....any bass I buy used, I budget for a string change and battery (where applicable) at least.....possibly a full setup by someone that knows what they're doing too (I have an excellent guitar tech I'm friendly with that lives locally - helps a lot!) :)

17. xb100

xb100

Mar 24, 2004
    NH, In

I kind of thought that was rude.

I mean who are you to tell me I'm an idiot for seeing what people think of different colors. If you don't like the idea of me asking what people thought then why did you bother posting in this thread because that comment has nothing to do with my decision.

18. BoiNtC

BoiNtC

Nov 25, 2002
    NYC, USA
    I think the Dude meant in the way only the Dude could put it, that the color shouldn't matter as much as the quality or playability of the bass, and I strongly agree.

19. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    Ok, sorry then I'd advise getting the 55-01 Silver maple FB then if you can find one. That is now a discontinued color and all of a sudden in high demand.

I think they sound better too. ;)

20. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ

Exactly....sorry for the "idiot" remark though.