1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Which M6 Carbine should I get?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Willy B, Sep 26, 2013.

1. Willy B

Willy B Supporting Member

Aug 30, 2013
    Raleigh, NC
    A used one, that's been upgraded by Mesa, with about 2 years left on the warranty, or a "new" one for a bit more? When I say new, I believe it's an '09 model that has sat in GC the last four years, and has scratches on the top. It will probably need to be sent to Mesa for the upgrade, but I'll have the 5 year warranty. So basically, is it worth the extra money (about $100-125) and shipping it across the country, for the full warranty?

2. spector_boogie

spector_boogie No Limit Honky

Apr 15, 2012
    The Woodlands, TX
    No. I'd get the old one, if the seller is legit and you can prove it's been updated to current cooling spec. That one on the GC floor has had Lord knows what done to it.

3. Jim Carr

Jim Carr Dr. Jim Gold Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Denton, TX or Kailua, HI
    fEARful Kool-Aid dispensing liberal academic card-carrying union member Musicians Local 72-147
    Get the serial number of the new one and call Mesa and see if it needs "thermal upgrades." If not, get it. If so, see if the dealer will ship it under warranty with a return authorization from Mesa. Get as much warranty as you can, because you are going to love the sound of that head, and will want to hang on to it.

4. spector_boogie

Apr 15, 2012
    The Woodlands, TX
    If it's been on the GC floor for 4 years, you're going to need to send it to get it working properly anyway... ;)

5. Willy B

Willy B Supporting Member

Aug 30, 2013
    Raleigh, NC
    Looks like you've made it a moot point spector. Enjoy your M6! Might just have to pick up a Prodigy instead.

6. spector_boogie

Apr 15, 2012
    The Woodlands, TX
    I still plan to pick one up maybe after Christmas (Prodigy or Strategy) but this was a good deal! The Carbines are great. But if I were just now starting to look (like in your case) I would hold off and check out the Prodigy first. I'm interested to A/B them.