1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Which MarkBass Amp Should I GET?????

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by funkyfretless, Oct 31, 2006.

1. funkyfretless

funkyfretless

Jan 15, 2006
    Atlanta, Ga
    hey guys,
    im looking for a light amp with less power than my current and only head the db 750 i have a gs 410 and gs 112's. im looking for a lighter amp to use on smaller gigs with 1 or 2 of the 112 cabs. i want it to be a goood upright amp as well as electric. i was looking at the mark bass amps and have read all the amazing reviews on this product. ive narrowed it down to the lmk and the lmk II. the lmk is a 2 channel version and the lmk II is the 1 channel. is was wanting to know what wuold be better for my needs. i already have a tonebone, so keep that in mind as well. i am wanting to know are they built the same or is the lmk II better???? i called and asked guitar center...and im only talking to guitar players and appartely no b ass player...imagine that :) anyway any opinions would be great appreciated. thanks,
    evan

2. Pretty certain that the amp section of the LMK is the same as the Little Mark MKII.

The impedance on both channels of the LMK is the same (500 Kohm), you'd have to see if this works for upright, I'm not a doubler. Two EQ sections, one for electric and one for upright - makes sense. Check in the double bass forums, I think there are some who MB products.

Both the LMK and the MKII would be perfect to power two 112 cabs.

3. hitch

hitch

Apr 29, 2006
    Nashville
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland, D'addario
    The LMK II has more wattage and sounds incredible. I have on with I use with a Markbass 410 and 210. I haven't played upright through it, but I am sure it will sound amazing. The Little Mark II only costs $599 and it is worth every penny, and is light as hell 6lbs. It actually fits in my Road Ready gig bag with my bass. I even had a sound guy come through the monitors one night and tell me to turn down the amp on stage.

darrenmt likes this.
  4. dave_bass5

dave_bass5

May 28, 2004
    London, UK.
    You could also have a look at the SA450
    This has a better EQ section and so might be more usefull if changing instruments. it also has a level control on the line out and a pre-post EQ switch
    sound and output wise its the same as the LMK and LMII (apart from more EQ options of course)

5. drcor

drcor

Aug 13, 2005
    Verona - Italy
    Hi,
    My setup is composed by: a s450, 2x10 and 1x15 traveler all mark Bass.
    Test a S450 if You can, I think It will be a good choice for You.
    Cheers

6. Jake Morris

Jake Morris

Jun 10, 2009
    North Jersey
    hey guys. quick question...
    Markbass vs. Genz Benz. I need help.

7. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2005
    Syracuse NY
    Endorsing artist: Dingwall Guitars
    Rather than reincarnating a long gone thread, you should try out the advanced search too. If you type 'markbass' and 'genz' into the search and narrow it to thread titles in amps, you'll get a whole pile of threads.

8. JxBass

JxBass Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2008
    :confused: four years between posts? :confused:

9. My LM Tube has stuff for double bass . .

10. murphy

murphy

May 5, 2004
    Canada
    Obsolete thread

11. dave_bass5

dave_bass5

May 28, 2004
    London, UK.
    Loads of threads about this over on Talkbass.

12. gillento

gillento

Oct 15, 2005
    Luxembourg, Europe
    Nordstrand pickups
    +1 on the SA450, especially with the upright!