1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Which Midi Bass Converter

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Bjazzman, Jul 30, 2007.

1. Bjazzman

Bjazzman

Dec 7, 2004
    Madison WI
    Well I got the Roland GK3B pickup now i need to find the right converter.

Any suggestions?

2. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    I'm curious to see how well the new Roland VG-99 works for Bass.
    It will do modeling and pitch to midi.
    Have to wait at least another month.

3. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    Axon 100/100sb is the best I've tried to date, but they're still a compromise.
    Low note tracking has latency, I ended up playing an octave up and doing midi transposing down an octave to get the low notes.
    Roland VG99 will be interesting indeed.

4. Bjazzman

Bjazzman

Dec 7, 2004
    Madison WI
    yeah im not a fan of latency. have you tried the v-bass?

5. Bjazzman

Bjazzman

Dec 7, 2004
    Madison WI
    ok so i know this is wrong but here's what happend-

I told a coworker that im seriously interested in getting the Pickup but I didn't know that they ordered it.

It came today and a different coworker asked me if i orderd it and i said yes( a lie)

Nobody has asked me for a payment and im not sure if i should tell them that i have it

Im also not sure if i want it yet. Since i've heard mixed reviews about bass synths

What i would probably want it to do is eventually use my bass to drive external sound modules synths. Not sure how the tracking is yet with these

It's under my bench right now and i feel like it's the tell tale heart.

What should i do?:rollno:

6. Dirk Diggler

Dirk Diggler Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Anytown USA
    An Axon with piezo's is about the most acceptable still. The low B and E are fairly usable. The big key is what kind of sounds are you going to be triggering. If you're looking for fast attack sounds like Piano/Vibes speed then you won't be happy, if you're adding pads and things you should have no problem.
    Good luck,
    Dirk

7. Well, seems to me that at least two people already KNOW you have it, the balance sheets will reveal it hasn't been paid for, and you're risking your employment for something worth, what, a days wages? :bag:

8. Sir Edward V

Sir Edward V Not Actually Knighted... Yet!

Dec 11, 2006
    Massachusetts
    +1

9. elros

elros

Apr 24, 2004
    Norway
    Proprietor, Helland Musikk Teknologi
    The V-Bass isn't a bass-to-MIDI converter.

I use the Roland GR-20 for MIDI stuff. It's cheap and very easy to use, and sounds pretty good IMO. Some sound clips here.