Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Which Model?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Rock.Revolution, Mar 14, 2004.

1. Rock.Revolution

Rock.Revolution

Mar 13, 2004
    As a new comer to the world of Bass guirtars, I was wondering which model i should pick up. I'm going with a 5-string so I've been looking at a few. So, in your opinion, which is better? The ESP Fender?

2. Limo

Limo

Sep 22, 2002
    Reykjavik Iceland
    Yes, the ESP Fender is better

3. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Roffles. The ESP Fender. I used to have one of those when they first came out. The neck was made from space-ship parts. The body was made from materials stolen from Mexican mattresses.

4. Jonki

Jonki I will not slap my Bee!

Oct 14, 2003
    Arendal, Norway
    be nice,guys! Why can't you at least be informative? Maybe he ment an ESP or a Fender bass?

5. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    not as much fun to be helpful.

if he was really worried about learning information he could search. Instead he asked to be force-fed, and because of it everyone made a joke out of it.

6. Limo

Limo

Sep 22, 2002
    Reykjavik Iceland
    How would that do him any good?? Also I'm seeing so many weird and stupid posts recently that I can't help but enjoy myself and maybe others by being smug and sarcastic, that's just me:smug:

7. Rock.Revolution

Rock.Revolution

Mar 13, 2004
    sorry guys. I admit my typing abilities are terrible. I really was trying to ask ESP or Fender. I'm glad we all had a good laugh out of it. :D

8. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

What's your budget Rock ???

Personally, I wouldn't consider either an ESP or many Fenders for a "bang-for-the-buck" bass. There's some very good value coming out of Korea these days.

9. Subculture13

Subculture13 Jamming Econo

Apr 9, 2003
    Toronto, Ont. Canada
    And the man can take a joke, there is hope for him yet.

Personally I favour the Fender Sadowsky signature model. Jazz styling, 5 strings, great action and the wood grain on the Mahogany on their Ebony colored model has to be heard to be believed. :D

10. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Do you have any specific models in mind in the ESP and Fender brands? And your budget will help too - there are 5 string options to suit almost any pocket...although some of the cheaper ones may not be as good in terms of a good B string.

Oh, welcome to the forum...once you get by the sarcy ones, this can be a good source of info!

Depending on your budget (ie which of the Fenders you looked at), Professional Series Spectors might be an option

http://www.ssdbass.com/NewFiles/professionalseries.html

I have one of the REX2000/5 basses, and to me it is fabulous - although the body shape etc does make it prone to a little neck dive!

You might wanna have a look at these is your budget allows!

11. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    check out musiciansfriend.com. Set a price limit and go from there. Once you find a model, research it here or at bgra.net

Kinda hard to advise you with so many variables in the air.

P.S. Be careful with Fender. Yesterday I played a 78 P Bass that was great for $800 and a 2004 MIA Jazz that was horrible for $1100 list. Definitly play before you buy.

12. Jonki

Jonki I will not slap my Bee!

Oct 14, 2003
    Arendal, Norway
    thats a 10-4! ;)