1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Which modeling is superior...Line 6 Bass Pod XT Live or Zoom B2,B2.1u?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by BrentSimons, Apr 11, 2009.

1. Hey Guys,
    I used to have a Bass Pod Live but sold it due to my amp/monitoring system at the time. I was having a hard time reproducing what I was hearing through my headphones. I've been reading many of the posts about the Zoom B2,B2.1u and it seems to be very popular. I haven't had a chance to try one out. The thing is I have a bunch of gift certificates at Musicians Friend and they don't carry Zoom for some reason and the price on the Bass Pod Live has dropped. Not sure what to do. I have several basses that could benefit from different amp sims. Sometimes my 51 P bass just doesn't sound quite right going through my GK rig, ya know? Your opinions please..
    Brent

2. I have both and as far as the modeling goes, I think the POD is certainly better. You have more options also, and the editing is far easier - especially if you hook it up to a computer. That said, I don't use either of them any longer because I have gotten out of my "modeling" phase I was in and I'm concentrating more on just getting one or two sounds from my rig.

Interested in a used model of either , pm me.

3. gregoire1

gregoire1

Oct 19, 2008
    Nashville
    I have the zoom b2 and love it! I also have a line 6 studio 110 amp. The models included with the amp are better and i assume they are a version of the ones with the pod, but I wouldn't part with either.

4. wildhorse

wildhorse

Mar 15, 2009

Zoom is owned by Sam Ash just as Samson is. So you can't buy it at GC.