1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Which Multi is the Most "Open"...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Nyarlathotep, Apr 19, 2006.

1. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Banned

Feb 5, 2006
    West Coast of Canada
    and by "open" I mean stuff like shifting the FX order and stuff like that. Which one can I literally build almost any rig I want to. I'm talking multiple dist/fuzz/ods, multiple modulations... I think you all probably get the idea.

Oh and BTW I'm looking for an all-in-one floor unit that's currently on the market!

:bassist: Thanks in advance!

2. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Supporting Member

That would be a Native Instruments Guitar Rig II with a laptop.
    No stand alone floor unit offers this today, AFAIK.

3. true...i don't think i have seen any multiFX pedal that can allow for several of the same effect...in fact i will go so far as to say that there isn't one out.
    i agree with Jazz Ad and say that you'd need a software solution, maybe something like VST or AU effects

EDIT: I take that back...there is a rackmount called the Muse Recepter...my guitarist had one, but i never saw it (he actually sold it on here) and that is basically a little computer in a rackmount with a small linux OS inside that allows you to run VST live

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Receptor/

it still has some bugs though...i don't know if they ironed them out yet

4. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Banned

Feb 5, 2006
    West Coast of Canada
    Ya, I didn't think there would be one. Figured I'd ask anyway.

Anyway, which floorboard unit is the most versitile then?

5. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    You could check out that Roland thing. It costs like $800, but I bet you can use more than one FX at the same time. You can put your signal path in any order on my GT-6B though.

6. i don't think he as talking about using many different effects, but rather many of the same effects inline, for instance distortion->distortion

7. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Banned

Feb 5, 2006
    West Coast of Canada
    I'm sorta talking about both. Most of the time chorus is recomended to go after dist, but sometimes I'd want it before, or maybe after delay, etc...

What I'm looking for is a multi that I can really experiment with :bassist:

I assume that your entire post related to the GT-6B??? I've heard that you can use multiple similar FX at the same time on the GT-6B... If you can, and can literally build your FX in any order, I'll have to check it out!

8. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Supporting Member

The Korg AX-3000B will let you use a chorus in front of the dist if you wish, or 2 choruses at the same time.
    You can't really change effect order but there's a pre-fx section in which you can affect a variety of parameters. Much more versatile than a BOss GT-6B.
    I think Plain Old One is talking about the V-Bass. Definitely the most versatile floor unit.

9. You would probably be better served looking for a rackmount unit. I don't know what you price range is, but you should checkout TC Electronics' FireworX (sic) unit. Tons of effects and you can route them in just about any configuration you could think of. You would just need a basic MIDI footcontroller and a volume pedal to control it as you would a floorboard unit.