WHICH NECK??????????????????

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fenderbluesdude, May 25, 2004.

1. alright there are two necks on ebay one is a mighty mite and the other is a 98 fender jazz neck. the mighty mite is alot cheaper though, i honestly think that they are the exact same quality and they would probly feel and sound the same exept the fender opne has the all famus fender decal on it which i dont really care i would rather not have a decal, but i do like the shape of the headstock. im planning on putting one of the necks on my MIM fender fretless jazz bass, and yes i will sell the fretless neck. but any ways here are the pictures of the two necks please tell me which one you think would be the best!

the first one is the fender one i think and the other one is the mighty mite one.

also the mighty mite neck is brand new and the fender has been used, and the mighty mite neck has been clear satin finished just dosnt look that way in the picture.
    her is another picture of the mighty mite neck
  2. Hurley

Feb 12, 2004
    Cape Cod, MA
    Of those two, I'd say the Fender neck. My advice, though, is to save up for a Warmoth.

3. Funkize you

Funkize you Guest

Nov 4, 2003
    Westminster Ca.
    This was just talked about two days ago, Long story short, I said "Save for a Wormoth" Everyone agreed and Mighty Mite are REALLY bad.
  4. Funkize you

Funkize you Guest

Nov 4, 2003
    Westminster Ca.
  5. well all the reviews iv herd say that they are basically the exact same as the regular fender mexican necks and thats what i want
  6. Funkize you

Funkize you Guest

Nov 4, 2003
    Westminster Ca.
    Incorrect, Mighty Mite Necks suck, that is all there is too it, They are VERY inconsistant, they have dead spots, High spots, some times the Fret's come out when playing (Or so I've heard) Just dont get it, its that simple, If you choose to ignore mine and Many, Many others advice then get the Mighty mite neck, but you will be sorry.

And why would you want a Fender MIM neck? You can get a Fender Neck that is MUCH better than a MIM from Warmoth or Moses, Or hell, I bet you could get a Replacement neck from Fender for a charge... Just trust me, Dont get a Mighty Mite neck. And if all you are gonna do is argue the opinions you obviously wanted, Stop asking questions.
  7. toad

Jun 26, 2002
    for a finished neck, the mighty mite is an ok deal, but it's probably going to need a little work from you. i bought one awhile ago and it looked pretty good, felt solid, not heavy, decent fretwork, comfortable contour. however, it did not exactly fit the neck pocket. it would've required a little sanding. i didn't really want to bother so i sold it and went another way. warmoths are fine, but once you figure the finishing in, i can understand you might be trying to save the money on this bass. i suggest you try putting up some ads for trading your fretless MIM neck for a fretted one. also, if you're patient, you can probably find an MIM neck for what you want to pay. between the two you're presenting, i'd go for the fender if you don't mind the dings. all your current hardware should fit properly.
  8. fine fine
    il save and get a warmoth, have you actually tried a warmoth???

how much do you think a warmoth will cost me, it would just be maple neck, rosewood board, the small vintage style frets, with just a regualr finish, or possibly a solid color on the back of the ncek so it would match the color of my bass that would be cool, and could i get tners and a preslotted and installed nut?
  9. Funkize you

Funkize you Guest

Nov 4, 2003
    Westminster Ca.

They can do anything you want them too, but it will be more expensive the more you ask for...

But trust me, it is WELL worth it, if you dont believe me, go back to your other post and see what everyone else said.