Which Neo Speaker Should I Choose?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Myth_103, Jul 10, 2008.

1. I know i've asked before, but I'm really ready to jump into building my own cab. I've researched and read a ton. I want neos even though they're more expensive. I just want to build a lighter cab for myself that can handle a low E easily. Even though the fs of a speaker may be at 54Hz or so (which is what I believe the deltalite IIs are rated at?), how easily can the box be tuned down to handle say 40ish? Anyway. I just want a simple 4x10 that will handle a low E well and be able to handle my VR or AD200! I've looked into eminence deltalite IIs, the new celestion bn10-300x, and the eminence basslites. I'd prefer 10s. Any other suggestions? Which do you think would suit my needs best?

2. ZolkoW

ZolkoW

May 8, 2006
    Hungary, EU
    I only know the Deltalites, but they are great for even a five-string in a 4x10 cab. many great companies use them..
    basslites are known of less power handling and way less high mids.
    my (not-DIY :)) 2x10 neo is tuned relatively high, I calculated it about 65 Hz (??), but it sounds deeper than some 4x10...

3. IanStephenson

IanStephenson UnRegistered User

Apr 8, 2006
    I spent a lot of time comparing the basslites, and came to the conclusion that the 12 is the way to go (based on comparing the Emminence reference designs - rather than designing my own enclosures). I built the sealed 1x12 from the emminence design sheet, and it works nice as a top. I'm seriosuly temped by the "med vented" 1x12 design as a bottom end.

the 1x15" is 4ohm though which is kind of handy, but doesn't put out a lot more bottom end than the ported 12.

4. Good info so far! Anyone else have anything to add? Any experience with any celestions?

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 24, 2021