1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

which one Carvin Probass 500 or TE GP7 SM300?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Southpaw5, May 6, 2010.

1. Southpaw5

Southpaw5

Jul 18, 2009
    Boston
  2. SanDiegoHarry

SanDiegoHarry Banned Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    I've played both heads - neither grabbed me, but if I had to choose I'd take the Trace.

However, that's too high for that Trace head. $251 pounds is what... $400??

too much.

3. smogg

smogg

Mar 27, 2007
    NPR, Florida
    I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell
    Two different tone stacks (red apple or green apple, which is better?). Did you like the tone of the TE when you played it?

4. Mystic Michael

Mystic Michael Hip No Ties

Apr 1, 2004
    New York, NY
    Wow, a Carvin Pro Bass head...from 1993???

I've never been a fan of the Pro Bass. Get the Trace Elliot...

MM

5. Southpaw5

Southpaw5

Jul 18, 2009
    Boston
    Thats just the only picture i could find, not mine. I'm getting it for $167.00 usd

6. Southpaw5

Southpaw5

Jul 18, 2009
    Boston

I did like it, it allowed some decent shaping options and some serious oompf, It shook the entire drum section running through a peavey tvx 410(which i may also buy, but the price is high on that). But I'd like to hear if there are any issues with it I don't yet know about.

7. MooseKnuckle

MooseKnuckle Guest

Apr 8, 2010
    I had a PB500, and it was OK. Played it through a 4x12, and a custom 1x15, and I gotta say that the tone(tried to EQ it) I got was like that of an ok practice amp(like my Ampeg BA115)........only louder.

8. aproud1

aproud1 Don't surround yourself with yourself. Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2007
    Cincy, OH
    Trace for sure.

9. Southpaw5

Southpaw5

Jul 18, 2009
    Boston
    title says it all, got the trace, goes with a peavey tvx 401 cab. sounded pretty good through an old musicmaster, I'll be trying it out for a full practice tomorrow, that will be the real test.:hyper: