1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Which one..eenie meenie miney moe

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by heath_the_great, Jul 16, 2004.

which one..eenie meenie miney moe

Poll closed Jul 23, 2004.
  1. Urge 1

23 vote(s)
    41.1%
  2. Ruin a Fender Jazz

33 vote(s)
    58.9%
  1. d'ya reckon it'd be worth buying a std jazz and as i was planning add a p pickup to it like a stu hamm urge...or should i just wait until i find an urge 1, i havent played either of the urges, but i think id prefer the 1 because of the scale and preamp...but thoughts people...

thoght id throw in a poll just for the sake of it

2. lyle

lyle Guest

Jan 10, 2004
    Vernon, B.C. Canada
    i cant remember which urge i played, but i played great. felt like it had a 32 inch scale if that helps any, i didnt plug it in but its has the feel of the love child of a fender p, and a kubicki. :bassist: it was quite nice, probably one of the nicest fenders ive played.

3. on a jazz bass a p pickup barley fits that wat i did and i love it :hyper: . i have it wired v/v/ then stacked volume and tone.
    i also have a kahler bass trem on it. if u dont got much money just get a jazz or a p.

4. Chapbass

Chapbass

Dec 11, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    32 inch scale = Urge II bass....and i so want to play one, but cant find one to play... oh well. : )

I'd go with the urge!

5. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    There's a MIM one on sale for 200 or 300 something over here at a new england chain.

6. the urge 1 has the fenderised kubicki preamp and the 32" scale, and the urge two has a 34" scale and the horrible fender 3band eq preamp...i might email phil see if he's designed a full kubicki preamp replacement.....the only thing im skeptacal about the urge is that it'd be buying without trying...plus the urge 1 has some rather cool colors, like a baham green almost ;) , and a purdy purple

if i was to get the jazz (which would probably end up more expensive) id change the control plate to a '62 and have two stacked pots v/v and v/t, hey ben, you cant post a pic can ya? :D , if it was to be a jazz, it'd be black with a chrome pickguard and white pup covers

also there were 2 versions of the urge 1, a mexican, without the p pup, and the american which was like stu's

mexican urge 1 - this ones one ebay now $100us, he say's "possible vintage" it'd have to be 15yo at the max, thats halfway there :D
    [​IMG]

American Urge 1 in purdy purple :p
    [​IMG]

Brand New Urge 2
    [​IMG]

7. Limo

Limo

Sep 22, 2002
    Reykjavik Iceland

Why did they change it? The new Urge II looks cheap:scowl:

8. well, this is from a video i downloaded from a guitar site about an interview with stu on the engines of creation tour with satch, this is when stu was using the prototypes of the urge 2, and i think the main reason, stu mentions this, that sales werent good enough on the urge 1, and people were complaining "i cant play a 32" scale, its not manly enough" but the urge 2 certanly aint cheap, it was around the $3500aus mark, but i like the looks of the urge 1 better, especially the lack of position markers

9. im me on aim at monky119 to see pics of my fender.