Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Which one is best for me? Eden/Aguilar/Orange/Mesa

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jock, Nov 24, 2000.

1. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I know that only I can answer that but I´d like your opinions. Hers´s a list of my alternatives:

Eden VT-300
    Orange AD200B
    Aguilar db359
    Mesa/Boogie 400+

What I seek is a sound like an old SVT but in a new package.
    But the Eden is the moust expensive one. Help me out here!!!
    The head is supposed to power an Ashdown 410 (sounds like an Ampeg 810) and I play an old Precision.

I like the sound of bassists from:
    Clash
    MC5
    Hendrix
    Stoogies
    Jayhawks

2. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    Jock-as I hate to see posts unanswered I'll give you a bad one.

I have just bought a Trace Elliot V4 (it has 4 KT88's) and this gives me the low down overdriven grunt suitable for your type of music. Can you AB your choices in the same shop?

So out of a choice of ABCD I pick E :) but as this post goes to the top now hopefully someone better informed will answer. Happy Hunting.

3. VicDamone

VicDamone

Jun 25, 2000
    You say you want SVT tone, so why not get an SVT and a few different brands of tubes? Or are you trying to stay away from tube amplifiers? If so shouldn't you be auditioning Ampeg solid state?

4. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    You're right ... only you can decide. But if you were me, you'd pick Eden without even giving it a second thought.

5. slick77

slick77

Nov 22, 2000
    I compared Eden & Ampeg side by side,and bought Eden.I was in a christian rock band and could cover any style with this rig

6. mark

mark

Apr 7, 2000
    Canada
    Isn't the orange hard core vintage? That seems to be quite far away from the sound of an Eden.

7. I love my 400+, it covers all I have come up with so far..
    But its really up to you.. try em all out and you will find the one you need.:)