Which one is better?? G&L L2000, Cirrus, Warwick corvette

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tetsu96, Feb 16, 2003.

1. tetsu96

Dec 24, 2002
  2. Brooks

Apr 4, 2000
    Middle East
    Better for what, and to whom? It would help if you told us about you, your style of music, band situation, rig, etc etc etc. All these basses are good.
  3. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL

An incomplete answer to an incomplete question...
  4. CS

Dec 11, 1999

They are all good basses, try them.
  5. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    IMO, the L-2000. It's a very versatile beast & can cover just about anything. Peavey Cirrus's are nice but IMO, Warwicks are not so good.
  6. Personally I would say the number 4.

But have been partial to the number 2

But what do I know !?!?
  7. tetsu96

Dec 24, 2002
    which one of the three is best durability??

especially neck condition...

durablility is my matter of concern and interest..

the sound....

which one is most powerful sound of the three??

Clean and Powerful...

I am a beginner..

8. Well I have played corvettes they are pretty nice, they have really big necks but I would think the L2000 would own it, maybe even pwn:spit:
  9. mikgag

mikgag Guest

Mar 25, 2002
    Anything but the Warwick......:D
  10. Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    I would choose in the following order..

3rd option intentionally left blank.
  11. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Wow. Lotta Warwick haters...

I'd go for the G&L first. Super versatile. play great.

12. 1964

Mar 26, 2002
    Too Close To Hell
    The G&L or the Cirrus. Whichever one feels best to you.
  13. rickreyn

rickreyn Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2000
    Lutz, Florida
    Can't speak for the G&L, but Cirrus clearly over Warwick from experience.
  14. Doesn't price play a role? I thought the Cirrus basses were noticeably more $$$ than these other two.

Anyways, disregarding price:

1) Cirrus
    2) G+L (potentially great for aggressive music but versatile; the bass ROARS because of the high-output pickups)

Distant Third - Warwick. To me, the good Warwick basses don't reall include the Rockbass line. I am biased though, because I don't like the feel of Warwicks anyways. Great sound if you increase the bass a little, but the bass doesn't feel good in my hands.
  15. 1964

Mar 26, 2002
    Too Close To Hell
  16. rygelxvi

Jan 6, 2003
    I'd get the Warwick. Mostly becuase I love the feel of the warwick neck. Nothing else feels quite like it. I'd also say the covette has the best growl. The G&L would be my second choice and I'd never buy a peavy . :spit:
  17. Jeff Moote

Jeff Moote Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Beamsville, ON, Canada
    Well I also wouldn't pick the peavey, however for different reasons probably. What you likely mean chris, is that they're great basses. From my experience they are awesome... I really loved everything about them, except one thing: the neck. That neck profile is far to flat and thin for my liking. Great basses, but I couldn't live with that neck.
  18. dmaki

Apr 29, 2000
    If you want a Fender/Musicman-ish tone, I would definately go with the L-2000. Very versatile, built like a tank. If you want more growl or a more modern sound, I would go with a Warwick. The Corvette standard isn't as good as the Jazzman I don't think, but its not a bad bass by any means. The Peavey Cirrus is a decent bass, but the ones I've played were all missing something, I couldn't tell what, but they just didn't sound right. They played nice, but they didn't seem to sturdy.

I eventually want to get an L-2000 and a Warwick SSII 5'er to cover everything I'd ever need.
  19. rygelxvi

Jan 6, 2003

Yup I played one once and It sucked IMHO. I'm very picky though and have only found a few basses I like. I like warwicks for their neck and tone but the electronics are crap. I hate thin "girly" necks but have found I can deal with fenders for some reason, odd maybe it's the tone that makes up for it. And I hate anthing that would be described as bright and glassy, It's bass for gods sake gimme some growl.