Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Which one of these Warwicks?..

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Phunky, Aug 6, 2004.

1. Phunky

Phunky Guest

Aug 1, 2004
    Sweden
    ..should I choose?:

Warwick Rockbass Corvette 5

or

Warwick Rockbass Streamer 5

now I personally like the look of the Corvette better but I think Streamer is good too. What is like the major difference between these two basses, there is no major price change between them...

Thankfully //Phunky

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Is it possible for you to try them for yourself?

3. Z-Bass

Z-Bass Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2004
    Pittsburgh, PA
    +1

Both should be comfortable basses, but if I recall the pickups in these basses are very different so tone will be the real issue. Plus isn't the Streamer Rockbass line passive with no preamp?

4. Phunky

Phunky Guest

Aug 1, 2004
    Sweden
    Yeah i will try them i just wanted to hear you guys opinions... plus i don't know what active and passive means, i'm a newbie.. i think active is something with batterys, i don't want that...

5. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Well the corvette is active and requires a battery.

6. Phunky

Phunky Guest

Aug 1, 2004
    Sweden
    Ok thanks

7. Eldermike

Eldermike

Jul 27, 2004
    NC
    I have a corvette 5 string (active) and I have owned a 4 string corvette (passive). I would go active if the money difference wasn't an issue. But, with that said, the passive one was a very good bass also. But, listen to both, the sound difference is a personal preference issue only IMO.

8. Z-Bass

Z-Bass Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2004
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Well I did try out a Streamer Standard before it was part of the Rockbass line. It had two passive MEC humbuckers (no batteries here) and the tone was quite warm and full with a good amount of punch. I imagine it would have worked well with an outboard preamp if so desired down the road. The Corvette Rockbass will be a completely different animal having active single coil pickups, brighter sounding for sure.

I would assume that each bass would have similar playability (neck wise) and balance.

9. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    he's talking bout the rockbass line, not the standard corvette.

10. sethlow3

sethlow3 Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Streamer....

better feel and tone IMO

11. I-Love-Ratm

I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003
    how much is your budget?you should look at a second hand Warwick corvette off Ebay or a Streamer Standard