1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Which one of those 3 is better

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by eziitis, Oct 2, 2013.

1. eziitis

eziitis

Sep 18, 2013
  2. ART Pro Channel II.

3. eziitis

eziitis

Sep 18, 2013
    And what's with Darkglass B7K?

4. JBNeedsBeer

JBNeedsBeer Supporting Member

May 13, 2011
    New Brunswick, NJ
    If you were looking for a preamp to just drive a power amp, you really should look for something that runs off of more than 9 volts, IMO.

5. Agreed.

6. johnpbass

johnpbass

Feb 18, 2008
    Glen Mills, PA
    How about the Aguilar Tone Hammer? Not an overdrive per se, but it gets a nice warm drive tone with the AGS circuit engaged. Also has an excellent DI out. Plenty of output to drive a power amp.

7. Dave W

Dave W

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    I would not use #2 as a preamp, it's a distortion pedal.

8. MCS4

MCS4

Sep 26, 2012
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    I've used the BBE BMax in my main rig for around eight years, mostly in rock and metal bands. Works great for me.

Just make sure you take a few minutes to learn how to EQ it correctly, as it uses the common "Fender tone stack" (easy search her on the forums to learn more).

I also agree that the Soundwave distortion pedal would not make an effective preamp.

9. +1

I use my TH to drive a power amp, just need to make sure your amp doesnt have a wack input sensitivity.

10. AdamR

AdamR

Sep 24, 2007
    Bethel CT
    Do you want a pedal or rack mount ? What amp are you running it through ?

11. eziitis

eziitis

Sep 18, 2013
    I want pedal to get more modern metal/djent tone from my bass. And I want it for gigs, I've played in some venues and in some of them I had real bad bass tone, b/c of lack in good EQ on power amp.

12. AdamR

AdamR

Sep 24, 2007
    Bethel CT
    what are you running for an amp now. sounds like you need a Darkglass

13. eziitis

eziitis

Sep 18, 2013
    Amp varies at venues. And yeah, I went for Darkglass B7K. Ordered one today. And now I'm hyped and cannot wait for it. Think this one will solve a lot of problems with tone I want.