Which one to buy?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by modest_mouse, Jun 27, 2005.

1. modest_mouse

Jun 27, 2005
    I am a experienced 6-string guitarist who recently took up bass for jazz band and marching band in school. I feel confident with my skills on bass and am looking to upgrade to a Fender P Bass or a J Bass. Which one should I buy?
    Please give explanations. Thanks! :)
  2. I would say a J bass- It has a more slimmer neck profile so it's easier in a guitarists hands.
  3. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    oh dude is easy to answer.......always remember....Fender Jazz Bass Deluxe...because we love Fenders...all right..... :bassist:
  4. Jazz bass. I got a Fender Jazz bass in wine red, and I will never regret it. Plus, it's just sexier, it's got more currrrvvess
  5. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    You are very intelligent,nice choice..because We love Fenders Jazz Bass............. :bassist:
  6. I could go the whole "Try them both and find your own singular voice that expresses you".........and all that stuff.

Instead, I'll just say, "Are you crazy? The Jazz is hot! Get a Jazz!" :p
  7. Jonas.

Jun 2, 2005
  8. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    Look at the recent threads "Benefits of a P-bass" and "Benefits of a J-bass". You may find plenty of useful, informed comments in there that help you to make a sensible buying decision and make sure you get the one that's right for you - a Jazz. :D