Which one to get???

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by I_am_Rage, Dec 30, 2001.

1. What should I get....a wireless system or a distortion pedal. I got a wireless for christmas but it doesn't give a good full tone as the cord gives me. Maybe someone else encountered the same thing. Anyways, I am going to return the wireless back to GC and I will use the money (like $250) for something else. What should it be? A better wireless system (more money prob) that will get me the tone I get with a cord or buy a distortion pedal such as the SansAmp BassDriver or Fulltone Bass-Drive? :confused:

If you were wondering the wireless is Audio-Technica ATW-601B/G UHF.

I am not sure if this belongs in "Setup" but. Sorry if you have to move it.
  2. Get a GOOD cable ( home made that is ) and an EBS multidrive. and keep the other $ 100 :)
  3. damn, this post is really dead. No one is even intersested in reading it. Oh well, you win some you lose some.
  4. Dead probably because it belongs in another forum like Effects or something. I'll give it a shove over there and see what happens...
  5. Jeff Moote

Jeff Moote Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Beamsville, ON, Canada
    Well,I say head in the direction Allodo suggests. get a good cable, and a distortion pedal. You've been around here looking for a decent disto for a while. Get what you've been wanting. Unless you need wireless capability, then you should get that...
  6. Wow, someone remembers my name and what i've posted. I feel so special. :D I think I will take your advice and try to find the "golden distortion pedal" that I was once looking for. :p I've been thinking about it and realized i don't need the wireless system this second and I think the distortion pedal is needed more then that so. Thanks for letting me see the light.
  7. Steve Lawson

Steve Lawson Solo Bass Exploration! Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2000
    Birmingham, UK
    Why did you want to wireless in the first place? I've played some huge venues (5000+) and never felt the need for a wireless unit - unless you're wanted to crowd surf while playing, or walk in from the back of the venue in Spinal Tap fashion, then I'd stick with a trusty old cable (or a trusty new one).

As for distortion pedals - they all sound very different, favour different kinds of playing, and your best bet is to find a well stocked shop, shut yourself away in their back room with all the distortion pedals you can find, and play away...

don't fall into the trap of auditioning them at massively high volume through the biggest amp in the shop - try and get as close to your own set up happening...