Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Which one to trade in

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Funkdified, Sep 21, 2005.

1. So my plan is to trade in one of my basses. I have an ATK 305 that I use sometimes and a MIA Jazz thats my main bass. I looking to trade it in to get a Warwick fretless but I don't know which one to let go, its a hard desicion to make like giving away one of your kids to get a new one. Or maybe I should just keep them and get some beano for the G.A.S

2. While ATKs are popular with some players, I'd say you'll be able to unload the Jazz more quickly and probably for more $.

If you can wait, save for the Warwick. ;)

Mike

3. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    I wouldn't unload my main bass....if I had to let one go, it would be the less popular of the two imho.

4. Pennydreadful

Pennydreadful Goin out West

Jun 13, 2005
    Arlington, Texas
    Man, if you can help it at all, keep em and just save all your money.

Otherwise, if your jazz is your main bass...I don't think you'd wanna let it go.

5. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    I know the jazz is your main bass, but ATKs are getting really hard to find these days, and if you you like it, and decided to let it go, well, you may never see one again. On the other hand, J-basses are... mmm.... everywhere, so if I were you, I´ll keep the atk.

6. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Exactly what I was going to say.

7. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    If you're just going to "trade it in", you may as well just keep it (Jazz or ATK). Trade-in value is usually 50% at best, of a used instrument's "street value".

8. I think I'm going to go pick up a SX fretless instead. **** I could buy 6 with the cash I have saved.