Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Which one would you choose?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BassistGod, Aug 12, 2002.

1. Hey everybody, which one would you go with, Warwick corvette passive or Fender Geddy Lee jazz? Why? They both have a good growly sound which I desperately want since my ibanez sr900 has everything but. They're both esthetically pleasing to the eye, but the fender costs about $180 less and the warwick is a tank/solid. Opinions?????

2. Looks alone - I really don't like the Geddy Lee bass, so I would go with the Warwick - which I love the look of.

I wouldn't let the 180 bucks effect a decision like this, so which ever you prefer is the right choice (that probably just the answer you wanted to hear right?):rolleyes:

3. voionmaa

voionmaa Guest

Apr 3, 2002
    I just bought a Thumb 5 BO and love it. Haven't played anything with that kind of growl. Would definately put my vote for the Warwick. You need to make sure you have the right strings with the Warwick. I am finding out that different strings tend to take away that Growl. Right now it looks like the DR Low Riders are the strings I'm going to go with although still trying out a couple more.

4. You got that right keith:D
    I always wanted the Warwick,love its low mid growl, but I love Geddy's growly sound too. Don't know if I can achieve it though. I've never owned a fender either so I needed some opinions.

5. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    I'd choose both.

6. BillyBishop

BillyBishop

Feb 7, 2001
    Canada
    I couldn't stand the neck on the Geddy Lee jazz I tried, it was way too thin IMO.

7. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    I would go with both.... but maybe have a Warwick that is active? hmmmm..... doesn't that sound familiar?

click me to see!

:p

P@

8. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Another vote for the Warwick. Growl to beat all growls.

9. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i don't like warwicks - the necks feel like baseball bats to me. i'd get the geddy lee and then install a j-retro in it. TONE!!!!!! :eek: :D

10. tim4003

tim4003

Apr 30, 2002
    Dawsonville , GA

11. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    Fender. It simply sounds better to my ears.

12. Looks like you have to get a Warwick my friend ... That or never show you face 'round these parts anymore ...;)

13. BlacksHole

BlacksHole

Mar 22, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    Even though my first bass was an early jazz (1960 stack knob), I'd go with the Warwick.

14. Jerry, Jr.

Jerry, Jr.

Jun 7, 2002
    Boston, MA
    I vote for the Geddy Lee. I just bought one last week and so far I am very much enjoying it! I have played several Warwick basses and though I like them, I don't love them.

15. Okay I think I'll go with the warwick. Now the only decision left is swamp ash body or bubinga. I know the bubinga is heavier but I heard thats what gives it the growl. Decisions, decisions, ahhh!:(