1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

which one?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by big stubby, Mar 13, 2008.

1. big stubby

big stubby

Feb 1, 2007
    Okay, seeing as my Ampeg BA115 is going back into the shop for the second time and this is my second ba115 since the first one died 2 minutes into plugging it in, I am looking for a new combo. I am upgrading but I am not sure if I want to stay with Ampeg since I have had nothing but trouble with mine. I do love the tone so would a BA115hpt do the trick? I am also going to try the Fender bassman 250/115 and 210 combos as well. I am leaning towards Fender because it made in the USA. It does seem that Ampeg has had some QC issues since moving over seas. What are your thoughts on these or other amps sticking to the $550 range? Any input would be helpful. Thank you.

2. Fretlessboy

Fretlessboy

Nov 29, 2007
    St Augustine Florida
    Endorsing artist GENZ BENZ/HERCULES STANDS/XSonics
    The real question is what do YOU think? It is all so subjective when it comes to tone. I would check with your local repair guy to see what he knows about them. When I bought my SVTIIIPro in 90, I called my repair guy and asked what he knew about them, he said nothing, he has never seen one. I bought it.

3. big stubby

big stubby

Feb 1, 2007
    Does anyone have ANY input on this?

4. Hawaii Islander

Hawaii Islander Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2007
    Rio Rico, AZ
    The Fender Bassman 250 series is made in Mexico. I have the Bassman 400 (also made in Mexico) and it's a very good amp. I don't know how the sound compares to Ampegs (except for amp modelling), but for quality, the Fender amps I've owned always held up quite well.

5. Rob Mancini

Rob Mancini Guest

Feb 26, 2008
    You bought an SVT III Pro 3 years before it hit the market?

6. bassman639

bassman639

Dec 23, 2006
    northeast ,pa
    dont know if the 250/115 are made in the us or not, i had the pro 400 210, a mexi made amp, it was a great combo, the only thing i didn't like was the spring handles, i paid a grand for it, the only ampeg that i care for,and not knocking ampeg, i just like the b15r fliptop, i think they're cool

7. Luke Rex

Luke Rex

Feb 11, 2008
    I have a hartke
    it is great!
    check em out

8. big stubby

big stubby

Feb 1, 2007
    Thanks for the input everyone. I see that nobody is endorsing Ampeg combos either.