Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

which order should i put my pedals in???? vote please!!!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by kdsi44, Jan 20, 2005.

1. kdsi44

kdsi44

Oct 18, 2004
    i need help putting my new pedal board together....please help....here is what i have....boss tu-2, sansamp bass di, keeley compressor, fulltone bassdrive, morley a/b, akai deep impact, ernie ball volume.....yeah.....thats it....please tell me the best way to put them in order!!!

2. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    umm...what do you use the a/b for?

ignoring that...maybe try:

boss tu-2, ernie ball volume, akai deep impact, fulltone bassdrive, keeley compressor, sansamp bass di.

???

whatever sounds good to you, i guess. :meh:

3. Melvin7822

Melvin7822 Supporting Member

May 11, 2004
    Broomfield, CO
    Generally things that rely on accurate tracking such as tuners, octavers, and synth pedals should go first in the chain.
    So I'd start your chain with the TU-2, and then the Deep Impact.

Your volume pedal should definitely go last in the chain. This way you control the overall volume of your effects, so that when you pedal is down, no sound from your effects will be heard.

I would put the Sans Amp and the Fulltone at the end of the chain right before your volume pedal. I'd probably put the Fulltone before the Sans Amp since it can produce much more volume.

As for your compressor, I'd either recommend it before the Deep Impact or after it. If some patches drop your volume, then I'd put it after, otherwise before.

I don't know what you're using the A/B box for, so I can't help you out there. If you're using it to connect two different basses to your amp, then obviously it goes first. If you're using it to switch between heads or cabinets, it should go last.

So I'm going illustrate the signal flow, but without the A/B since I don't know what you're using it for.

Boss TU-2 > Keeley Compressor > Akai Deep Impact > Fulltone Bass Drive > Sans Amp Bass DI > Ernie Ball Volume Pedal

4. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    yeah, do that! :bassist:

don't forget to experiment. eg, putting the deep impact in front of the compressor. and other things.