1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Which p/g Geddy Lee bass-black single ply, B/W/B, tortoise or something else?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by in the wind, Apr 7, 2009.

1. in the wind

in the wind

Dec 23, 2008
    Thanks, Michael

2. J. Crawford

J. Crawford Supporting Member

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    Im getting B/W/B, should be here tomorrow.

3. Spinal Tapper

Spinal Tapper

Nov 15, 2007
    Chicago
    I had this similar dilemma so I created a little photoshopped guide for myself

geddy-pickguards-list-1.

hope this helps - btw, I just ended up finding a cheap b/w/b guard on Ebay, but these are all available from WD Guitar's website...from the options here, I really dug the creme color - I thought it would look pretty nice and different from what's out there...

4. just did mine.sooooo much better.

5. mine is B/W/B and i just love it.

6. in the wind

in the wind

Dec 23, 2008
    Thanks spinal, That is just great. It really helped me alot. Michael

7. in the wind

in the wind

Dec 23, 2008
    Thanks George, This one made my mind up. Is your 5 ply or B/W/B? Thanks, Michael

8. mine's 3 ply.i live in aus but bought it from the states.weird thing is that it was supposed to be a geddy replacement but the pickup hole wasn't correct.i had to enlarge it which wasn't such a big deal but still annoying.everything else lined up well.also the 3 ply isnt quite as thick as the genuine 3 ply but that's nothing to be concerned about.it now gets me thinking did the geddy come with 2 different size pickups?

9. LCW

LCW Banned

Mar 2, 2009
    OREGON!
    for some reason lately i like the gold aluminum? weird i use to hate them and took one of my p bass and sold it for 5 bucks :( why! its was mint sadddddddddd