which pedals are better?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by SeXYBAsSPuNK, May 31, 2002.

Jan 29, 2002
    I was looking at some synthesizer and chorus pedalson the net, but i wasnt sure what ones i wanted to get. What is a better pedal to get: the ibanez sb7 synth pedal or the boss ceb-3 bass chorus? Or which brand is a better buy in pedals in general?
  2. NioeZero

Sep 2, 2001
    Chorus is kind of a subtle effect, which can be good or bad, depending on your mindset as a bassist.

The SB-7 is more of an over-the-top pedal, and judging by your screen name, :D;) would probably be more of what you're looking for.

The SB-7, I've heard, is a great value for your money.

Boss pedals are some of the most reliable pedals you're going to find.

But of course, your ears will always be a better judge than some guy posting on a message board. See if you can try the pedals out at a local music store before you buy them.
  3. Personator

Personator Guest

Mar 18, 2002
    Flemington NJ
    I personally think the SB-7 is too over the top, I can't see any use for it in anything but industrial/techno, which you'd probably use a keyboard synth for. It's cool to playu around with and maybe doing something wierd at a gig, but I couldn't see myself ever recording with it.
  4. o1x3w3a2h

Dec 14, 2001
    Cheektowaga, NY
    i like SB-7, but i'm an industrial nut, so it might not be what you want. try em both and see what you like.
  5. Listen

May 19, 2002
    if you like the SB-7 you'd like the PD7 Phat-Hed more, I have it, it's great!
  6. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    ok get either of those you want but everyone please god dont buy those danelectro foot pedals
    ! Man talking about crap! At the music store i work at we sale those and they always come back about a month later with problems! I tell them that they should have paid the extra for the dod
  7. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Are you talking of the small DAnelectros?

I was wondering, cause my Danelectro Cool Cat is built like a tank and works flawlessly for years now.
  8. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Yes thats what i meant! The little smurg critters they put out! HORRIBLE JUNK! I get so sick and tired of people bringing them in so i have to work on them! I think dan co. uses the worst soldier in the world! Always popping off! And the actuall button will crack through the bottum plastic! Ive been trying to tell the guys who own the music store to stop selling them but there only in it for the money! And i find alot of guitar players will buy those instead of spending a little more for the dods!
  9. I used to have a danelectro pedal.. kicked it smooth in 2 shards on the first gig.. :D
  10. if i had to chose one of these two pedals it would definetly be the chorus but it really depends on what sound you are going for... in general i would DEFINETLY chose Boss pedals over the Ibanez pedals (except for the old tubescreamers) but you should know that there are much much better products out there besides boss ibanez danelectro and dod.
  11. I just ordered an SB-7, so I'll let everyone know how I like it when it comes. I can't wait. I got an MXR M-80, too. I'm gonna have so much fun.:D
  12. gnome01

Oct 30, 2001
    Bronx NY, USA
    If you can find an Akai Deep Impact synth pedal, those are real nice - not noisy either.