Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Which pickups for my sx?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by peasandpotatoes, Mar 6, 2006.

1. ok im getting a sx spj-62 soon and planning to completely fix it up. im going to put an aguilar obp-3 preamp in it and a badass ii bridge. can decide which kindof pickups to put in it tho. i play experimental rock kinda stuff. which kind of pickups should i install in it?

2. ElBajista

ElBajista

Dec 13, 2005
    Sebring, FL
    I recently bought some Dimarzio UJs, but unfortunately I can't tell you how the sound because I'm in the process of modding the heck out of my SX. I'll post a thread with soundclips of before and after when I'm done.

What kind of sound are you looking for? Modern? Vintage? Ultra-clean mid-scooped? Mid-punchy?

3. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Do a search on the pickups forum for Reverend. They are closing out some P pickups and they sound incredible. No matter what you put in the J position, I'd recommend the Reverend "P", it sounds unbelievable and is only $18.

4. bump

5. mattvon

mattvon

Jan 22, 2006
    Minneapolis, MN
    Not to hijack the thread, but I wasn't able to find the Reverend pickup closeout...do you have a link?

6. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Here's the link from Reverend's web site. You'll have to do a search here for the pickup thread. Search on my user name in the Pickups forum and it will be there.

7. dave120

dave120

Jun 27, 2005
    Central Florida
    Dimarzios are good pickups. SDs are great also and that's what I put in mine. You might just like the stock pickups a little bit too, I used it like that for a while. I think I saw your band at Liquid Cellar a couple months back :bassist: