1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Which picture is the original?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Adam Felix, Mar 13, 2010.

1. Buchada Azeda

Buchada Azeda

Mar 25, 2009
    Brazil
    I think it's the one with the Sadowsky.

2. murphy

murphy

May 5, 2004
    Canada
    Hilarious!!!

3. i'd say dingwall.

4. Bocete

Bocete My E string is 36 1/4" long

Sep 30, 2006
    :D

I'd say Dingwall as well. It's easier to photoshop a neck on a pic with high contrast than photoshop both the body and the neck on a smooth pic. Both DW and Sadowsky images show things not seen on the other image: Sadowsky shows the left side of the fan, while the Dingwall image shows legs. Therefore, someone who photoshopped this had to have the original available; it could be that Mike Brignardello provided the image himself to get it photoshopped. Easier than setting up a session.

5. coreyfyfe

coreyfyfe Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2007
    boston, ma
    Who says they weren't taken on the same day/shoot? There are more changest than just the bass, the position of his left hand/thumb is different, so it's either a lot more than just photoshopping the bass or they were separate takes.

6. lowmid

lowmid

Feb 2, 2005
    belgium
    He doesn't seem to wear the same jacket too

7. Datsgor

Datsgor Supporting Member

Jul 29, 2000
    Earth
    I would say they are not photoshoped and are two different photos. Almost identical, but many subtle differences. Differences that a photoshopper may not take the time to address. Of coarse. as always, I could be wrong.:meh:

8. i think they are both "originals"

9. Gord_oh

Gord_oh Midtown Guitars: Ulyate Pickups & StringJoy Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Michigan
    sadowsky.
    they only show half a bass.
    the tuners are perfectly flat in line.
    its easier to photoshop half a bass.

edit: they may both be legit after further inspection.
    facials, hand placement arent close enough to be duplicated.
    maybe if someone was entwhistle of photoshop.

10. HaMMerHeD

HaMMerHeD

May 20, 2005
    I say the dingwall photo is original, because you can see his thumb resting on the fretboard. Sadowsky just photoshopped that out and darkened the jacket.

Could be wrong..probably am...oh well.

11. Sadowsky

Sadowsky Commercial User

Nov 1, 2000
    New York City
    Owner: Sadowsky Guitars Ltd.
    I think Mike just had photos shot at the same shoot for both Sheldon and me.

Roger

Attached Files:

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 27, 2020