1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Which power supply? OneSpot CS7?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by narfeles, Mar 24, 2020.

1. narfeles

narfeles

Mar 24, 2020
    Hello,

please excuse my english. Since school it’s a little rusted.
    i did my experience by playing bass since 20 years and used multieffects some years too. some months ago i began to buy some single effects. now im bulding my first pedal board. here is a list of my effects in order of signalchain:
    bass -->
    -Future Impact I. (digital) 100mA
    -Boss OC-3 (digital) 50 mA
    -TC Electronic Quintessence (digital) 100 mA
    -Tech21 Sansamp BassDriver DI (analog) 6mA oder 100mA
    -Boss GEB-7 (analog) 16mA
    -Line6 M5 (digital) 500mA
    -TC Electronic Ditto Looper (digital) 100mA
    -TC Electronic Spectradrive (digital) 250 mA
    -->amp

now i need a power supply. there are some interessting options:
    - Cioks DC10
    - Voodoo Lab 4x4
    - OneSpot CS7

Because of me less space at the pedalboard my priorities are no noise and less size. Now im tending to the cs7, because of it's size, price and it's exellent review about noise. there are posts and videos which give me the impression, that the cs7 has fewer noice than the voodoo lab. And the cioks is more expensive and not realy small (both like voodoo lab).

What are your experiences? Is the cs7 a good option? 7 outputs for 8 pedals? Maybe 1 or 2 more in future (boss ls-2 or other analogs…)… is it too small?
    Which effects could use the same outputs without doing noise?
    Do you have any othe options?

Thanks for your support
    narf‘

2. jibreel

jibreel Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2005
    Seattle
    The CS7 is fabulous, get it!!
    Remember that you can also daisy chain some low draw or other pedals that "play well" power wise together.
    I power 10 pedals with mine.

3. segina

segina

Apr 12, 2019
    Cioks is probably the best, but that being said I have a CS-7 and it works great no noise at all.

4. neuman

neuman

Mar 24, 2009
    Riga, Latvia
    Very happy CS6 and CS7 user. A solid second :thumbsup: for daisy chaining ‘friendly’ pedals together.

5. narfeles

narfeles

Mar 24, 2020
    Thanks for your answers.
    How many effects do you power with your cs7?
    Im worrying about so many digital effects. Is it justified? Which of mine will be daisychain friendly?
    Thanks for help!

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 27, 2021