Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Which Preamp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BassistGod, Feb 6, 2003.

1. Which preamp do you think is more versatile? I think someone said that the sansamp can sound like the svp.

Ampeg svp pro or Sansamp RBI??

2. Schwinn

Schwinn

Dec 4, 2002
    Sarasota, FL
    God,

you should look at my earlier thread:

I decided to get the ampeg but after using it for a week I think I'm going to sell it and get the RBI (or the Alembic F1-X).

3. thetaurus

thetaurus

May 28, 2002
    Muncy, PA
    i've been thinking about selling my svp for an rbi also. i haven't completely decided yet. i know i should probably put new tubes in it first and see what kind of difference that makes, but i don't know yet. i'm going to a/b my svp with my bddi at practice this weekend and then decide. since i usually play shows without a pa, the whole di thing is not much of an issue to me. i'm looking for a bad ass live tone. i've heard that the svp is alittle better for that, but i don't know. i'm gonna try the svp and the bddi with my band this weekend and and decide then. man i hate making decisions like this.

4. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    try retubing it... it will be worth your time to at least try.

5. Yes these decisions do suck!
    This is my exact situation as of now. I have the svt3 pro which I really like, driving a 410HLF.
    However, I wanted the flexibilty and power of a pre/ poweramp setup. So I have to choose between the two. Obviously the RBI rig would cost a couple hunred less and is supposedly on par with the svp so I figure It's worth going for.