1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Which programmable loop switcher - Buzz vs Moen

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by vooch311, Sep 28, 2013.

1. vooch311

vooch311

Aug 28, 2001
    Wilmington, NC
    So most of the programmable loop switchers ive looked at are way too expensive. These 2 however have small footprints and are fairly reasonable price wise.

Moen GEC 8 Jr

Buzz Electronics

Does anyone have any experience with either of these (or both hopefully :smug:)

2. vooch311

vooch311

Aug 28, 2001
    Wilmington, NC
    bump for the small chance someone has used either of these

3. gastric

gastric Professional product tester for hire

Jun 8, 2009
    Raleigh, NC
    Source Audio BETA tester
    Those programmables are priced competitively with a static 8-loop Loopmaster.

I didn't see on the product sheets whether these particular pedals can change the ORDER in which the pedals are placed in the chain. Or if the pedals are always fed serially in the physical order they're plugged into the looper. Changing the order in addition to the bypass would be a huge feature.

4. enjoi1018

enjoi1018 Supporting Member

Apr 18, 2011
    Auburn, AL
    American Loopers has a few programmable ones out now (different amount of loop options). They're small, built like a tank, and have soft touch relay bypass switches that are rated for over one million cycles.

I have a custom bypass strip, but wondered about adding a relay system like that to avoid clicking and popping. Even talked to Spencer over at 3Leaf about him loading his relay switches into my enclosure, but he said they aren't for sale at the moment.

American Loopers hit the nail on the head. The things rule (I have no hands on experience).

5. godblender

godblender Banned

Mar 11, 2009
    Michigan
    I believe that the two loopers that the OP mentions DO NOT change the order of the pedals in a specific chain, but rather the pedals are all still run serially based on where they are plugged into the actual looper.

The new Sound Sculpture Switchblade 8F can re-arrange your pedal loops in so many ways (including series, parallel, series AND parallel, order etc.) that it's ridiculous. It's also totally programmable, midi controllable and has around 75 (? not positive on this?) presets available. When I get the money I'm going to seriously consider dropping the coin for one.

6. vooch311

vooch311

Aug 28, 2001
    Wilmington, NC
    That switchblade looks nice. How much they run?

7. sunbeast

sunbeast Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    The Moen GEC438 includes the ability to program effect order as well. Never tried one but there is one in the classifieds right now for cheap!

8. willbassyeah

willbassyeah

Oct 9, 2011
    Singapore
    Lots of options btw,
    Checkout the following company for their switcher:
    One control crocodile loop
    Decibel eleven pedal palette
    Musicomlab
    Carl Martin octaswitch
    Gig rig