1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Which Rack case for Peavey Tour 450/700 ?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by keyboardguy, Apr 30, 2009.

1. keyboardguy

keyboardguy Supporting Member

May 11, 2005
    Hi all,

Anyone with a Peavey Tour 450 or 700 head using a rack case or rack bag? Can I assume both heads have the exact same dimensions?

Which particular brand/model are you using? Cost?

I want to make sure it fits and has enough room to let the fan breathe OK.

Thanks

Mike

2. dog1

dog1

Dec 30, 2008
    Indiana
    I like Gator or SKB. The Gator is a little less expensive, but the SKB is a little heavier. (thicker plastic) Both are durable.

As you can see in the photo, I like to get a case that is one space more then I need, and then use a perforated panel right above the amp. This may not be necessary, but it always made me feel better and allowed for better cooling.

000_0156-1.

Your Tour is about the same size as the Pro 500 you see here. (2 space) The case is a Gator.

3. keyboardguy

keyboardguy Supporting Member

May 11, 2005
    Thanks for the info.

I could have sworn I read here on TB that the Tour 450 will not fit one of the brands of rack cases; No sure why. All racks are 19 inches so what could be the problem?

Mike

4. wow, old thread, but for the sake of providing info for future Peavey guys...

both Tour heads, the 450 and 700 are the same size. i rack my tour 700 in an MBT 2-space case. it's just big enough for the head, which is a 2 space head so it works well. it's a tight fit (you have to take the rubber feet off the amp, so store them in a convenient place). also, the rails are threaded, and it shipped with a bunch of 1" screws with *very* fine threads, so my head is deff secure.

the MBT case isn't as expensive or elaborately designed as the SKB, but it's a great value, as it's a good bit cheaper. the locks are rock solid and are attached to the lids. i'm not sure of the standard on the depth of rack case lids, but mine are deep enough that i've affixed some velcro ties to organize my cables in them.

deff rack that head if you are going to be gigging with it much at all..