Which Rack Effects?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Sonic_Death, Jan 26, 2006.

1. I just got my first rack recently for christmas, and right now all i have in it is my Peavey T-Max. The T-max already has on-board compression with it, and im pretty satisfied with that..

I do have a MXR M-80 and Big Muff, but I was trying to think of various things I might be able to put in my rack.. its a 6 space and my head takes up 2, so I have 4 spaces left.

I was thinking possibly one of the BBE's things, such as a 482i or something like that.. anybody have suggestions? I'm open to a lot of various things
  2. idoru

Dec 18, 2005
    Brisbane, Australia
    First up, welcome to the brotherhood ;)

Okay, a power conditioner is the classic 'must-have' in any rack. Furman is de riguer, but ART get some good reviews also. A rack tuner can be a great way of making your rack look like the vanguard of a Cylon invasion!

For tone shaping, consider an EQ unit. I'd normally recommend SansAmp's rack products for DI & tubey warmth, but the M-80 already covers that (IMO, not quite as well - but I _am_ a SansAmp fanboy, after all).

For toys, look for Boss's half-width rack units - they go dead cheap on eBay compared to the footpedals. Pick up two units, a rack adaptor and a couple of footswitches & enjoy :)
  3. wideload

Apr 15, 2004
    I'm new to effects, too, after 25 years without them. I use a Lexicon MX200 with a little delay and reverb gently added. Fleshes things out a bit, bottom is fuller going to FOH. Also flange and chorus for those "etherial" songs. There are lots of things you can set, but its not easy to go from one effect to another, so plan ahead!

4. eots

Dec 18, 2004
    Morris, IL.
    How 'bout a drawer for cables and other misc...