1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Which rack tuner?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Saetia, Mar 18, 2008.

1. Saetia

Saetia

Mar 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    I just picked up a GK 700RB II to go in my rack (cutting weight from my old rack) the GK has the tuner out on the front. What would be the best bet for a rack tuner that allows me to just plug a patch cord in the front and into the front of a tuner? I guess a clearer quetion would be what rack tuners have front inputs instead of rear inputs?

Thanks

Peace

-Benny

2. MooseLumps

MooseLumps Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2007
    Portland
    Korg dt1000. good tuner. inputs front and back.

3. deBont Amps

deBont Amps Commercial User

Apr 10, 2007
    Netherlands
    deBont Amps
    +1 I own one. Great tuner. Very fast and accurate. And looks cool IMO :smug:

4. peterson stroborack

pricey, but phenomenal

5. MooseLumps

MooseLumps Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2007
    Portland
    sorry, drt1000. i'm looking at the behringer rip-off for my rack right now (gotta love the "got me the booklearnin' to payfor blues")

6. deBont Amps

deBont Amps Commercial User

Apr 10, 2007
    Netherlands
    deBont Amps
    Hahaha I missed the absence of the 'r' in your previous post.
    I'd stay away from the Behringer. It's very slow in the low end, sometimes doesn't pick up on the lower notes at all (specially for 5-string basses) and tends to break down.

7. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    I have the Fender rack tuner. Can't remember it it has front input or not, but it's got a cool blue lighted interface.

8. jtc_hunter

jtc_hunter

Feb 16, 2007
    +1 on the Fender Racktuner. I have the RT1000 and it mates up w/ my GK700rbII front to front.

9. Yes I have the Fender Rt1000, and it looks cool and works great. It has both front and rear inputs. Mines looks great with the blue leds matching my Blue Nemesis NA650 with its backlit logo.

10. David1234

David1234

Jun 1, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Endorsing Artist: SWR Amplifiers
    I have the behringer one.

Pros:
    Front and rear inputs.
    Really cool lights (a rack light ie 3 white LEDs pointing down to your other gear).
    Metronome and other stuff you probably don't need.

Cons:
    It takes way too long to track a note, especially a low note. I wouldn't buy it again, however given how cool the lights are I'm not replacing it til something goes wrong.

Do any of the other brands have a rack light built in? I'll keep that in mind next time I buy. (Hey a rack fan on a switch wouldn't hurt either)

11. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    +1

I had one of those darn things for about a half day before I returned it. IMHO, junk. Way too slow to track. Frustrating.

My faves: Korg DTR1000/2000, Peterson, and the Fender.

I currently have a DTR2000 and could not be any happier with it.

12. Danm

Danm

Sep 24, 2003
    Canberra Australia
    Had 2 of the Behringers in the last year or so......

They just both stopped working one day... Not good when on a gig!!!

Bought the Fender..... Very nice so far.... Only been about 2 weeks tho!

13. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Tuner threads belong in Misc. Moved.

14. doctec

doctec

Mar 22, 2005
    Beaverton, Oregon
    I just bought a Korg dtr-1000 a couple weeks ago. Looks cool and works great. Tracks my low b-flat just fine.

15. 1954bassman

1954bassman

Jun 7, 2004
    Hickory, NC
    Do the Fender tuners read low B quickly?

16. I use a Korg DTR-2 which works perfectly, handles the B string just fine, and has front and rear inputs. It's an older model, and can probably be had used for cheap...

Korg%20ToneWorks%20DTR-2.

17. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    As I recall, yeah, not quite as well as the Korgs, but definitely well enough. Had I not found the deal I did on my Korg, I was ready to get the Fender, 'cause you can get them a lot cheaper.