Which Rocky Horror Picture Show song...

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by natrab, Jul 18, 2004.

1. natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    would be best for an audition I have next weekend? My band has just gotten back together and we would like to break out again by playing a run of RHPS in October. We're trying to ska/punk out one song for the audition that will impress the director and get us the gig.

Now I know there must be some RHPS fans out there who have listened to the soundtrack more than I. Which songs do you think are the best for an audition?
  2. Barnabus

Oct 7, 2003
    Sweet Transvestite.
  3. Touch-a Touch-a Touch-a Touch Me wouldn't take much work to turn it into ska IMNTLBHO, but maybe that requires a chick singer.

How about Dammit Janet? You could really camp that one up if you played it at a breakneck speed and had the band yell the JANET!'s.
  4. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    The Meatloaf Tune, "Whatever Happened to Saturday Night," I believe.
  5. Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    When I saw this thread title on the main page the word "show" was cut off and I didn't notice it was in "Recordings" so I thought it was a "Which Rocky Horror Picture Show Character Are You?" thread.
  6. natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Well we played Hot Patootie (which is the "What ever happened to Saturday night" song) and we did quite well. They want us to learn Time Warp and Sweet Transvestite and come back next week (though they pretty much told us we got it).

One deciding factor would be money. How much do you think is reasonable do ask? The theater seats 460 and the tickets are going for $15 a piece. It probably won't be sold out most of the nights. Considering we're a 7 piece band, expenses could really add up, though I don't want to ask for too much. Is $500 a night reasonable?

I've never done this sort of deal before

(sorry, I guess this doesn't really belong in recordings anymore)
  7. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    Science Fiction Double-Feature (I think that's the name of it). Me First and the Gimme Gimmes do a great version of it!